Sign in to follow this  
MazdaSpeedDan

Zex

29 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I need some feed Back on ZEX, im getting it intalled tommorow, i also bought the purge valve kit, the total cost of all of it plus install was 915.00, if any of you have it, what kinda cars can you beat :-)

Pics up FRIDAY when its done.

is your car an I4 auto?

is it a wet or dry injection kit?

did you get an n2o pressure gauge as well? (should of got that instead of the purge, it's more important)

Do you have a large external transmisson cooler, such as the Hayden 404 or similar size?

Are you knowledgable regarding what type of sprakplugs you should use?

What are the compression numbers in each cylinder?

$900 seems kinda high, ive seen full kits going for under $500 on ebay

awesome powere booster, I heard the kit is good but as stated before its not just put it in and push the button, there are precautions to take care of so that you are not replacing motor parts.

Zex is differnt then NOS or the other traditional things, its dummy proof, it only shoots when the peddal is deppressed 90% or more down. you hit a switch to ARM it, then once armed it will go once you slam the gas or depress it 90%. I now kill 240 sx's....i dont see any of you doing that N/A...muahuaha

the bottom ___________________ is that if you want power get ZEX

** I recently bought a new tranny, this one probly has 2000 miles on it.**

*They said no need for a tranny cooler niether*

They obviosly don't know what they're talking about then. These auto trannies need a cooler without any additional power. How long do you seriously think it's gonna hold once you start spraying a couple times.

I say you'll need a new one within a year, maybe sooner.

Yeah, you go ahead and believe that....see what happens. You spend almost a grand on a nitrous kit, why not spend 50 bucks on a cooler?

jeeze people, i will get one, i never said i wasnt going to, i didnt have enough money to get one then. you people need to chill out. anyways i will let you all be haters. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Definatly man, i wish i could of got the race when i beat ( now i did not say raped, killed, or slaughtered) the 240 sx....man was that a good race.

We're not hating, just trying to prevent you from destroying your transmission...... Don't take everything so personally B)

how are those plugs looking anyway?

...What are you talking about it sprays when the peddle is depressed 90% or more? It should only spray at WOT, unless your Zex unit was programmed wrong. :blink:

As well, many sligihtly NA tuned V6 MTX guys can beat stock 240's. It's no big deal if they are stock.

no one is trying to hate? why hate? there just trying to help you out so you wont mess your tranny up.. if yo udidn't know our trannies are not good what so ever. especially if you spray.. by the way how much you spraying? and what else have you done to your car?

I'm worried Dan might not know what he's doing..he never mentioned anything about healthy looking sparkplugs or rigging up a momentary button so you don't spray through shifts. I'd be more concered about running a good a/f mixture than beating some 240. :unsure:

Yeah, I've been without a keyboard for the past two days. Sounds like you might want to hold off on the spray for a while unitl you sort everything out. Better safe than sorry. Now, about those 240sx's... How many have you seen that were set up for drag? They deffinately aren't 1/4 monsters by any means, im VERY sure stock for stock I would have eaten one. Raced a friend in an altima with the identical KA20DE, with just and intake and I put lengths on him :huh: . Guessing 16.0+ in the 1/4 for those things.

Yeah, I've been without a keyboard for the past two days. Sounds like you might want to hold off on the spray for a while unitl you sort everything out. Better safe than sorry. Now, about those 240sx's... How many have you seen that were set up for drag? They deffinately aren't 1/4 monsters by any means, im VERY sure stock for stock I would have eaten one. Raced a friend in an altima with the identical KA20DE, with just and intake and I put lengths on him :huh: . Guessing 16.0+ in the 1/4 for those things.

People like to mod 240's not cuz they're fast, but cuz they're RWD. B)

i think thats what he was trying to say, there more of a drift car than a drag car

240's are very capable of being 1/4 mile mosters. Especially with an SR20DET engine, those things easily handle 300+hp on stock internals.

As well, companies such as JUN make engine internals for these SR20's. So if you wanted to beef that engine up, you could do so very easily.

since im the nissan guy of course i have to step in for this one, vlad is absolutely correct, very easily can someone with a little money turn them into 1/4 beasts, the sr20de, sr20det, and sr20dett engines that is here is a link to a nissan online mag/forum of which i am a member sr20det check it out

I never said you couldnt. Everyone knows about the blown nissan motors. The KA20DE is used for drag more so than the sr20det. Heck, you can take an old big block and put it into some small car that hasnt been manufactured in years and say that the cars "can be 1/4 monsters". I was refering to the stock motors though.