Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
mazda6

How Much Hp Does 2.2l Turbo Have???

145Hp

192Nm

this is on 6-7Psi........ with mods that can be done in one afternoon power can go to 220Hp

there is a greate debate wether that was measured at the wheels or crank..... as numbers were released around the world, even in those countries that reqare power to be measured at the wheels. there are also so many people that had their stock 626/mx6/probe dynoed just to prove that 145 is at the wheels, some proven some fell short(120Hp)

THe 2.2 turbo gts Have 145 to the crank while the non turbos have 120 to the crank. These measurements come from the Chiltons manual. Yet I have been told that if you take the turbo from the gt and add it to the straight 2.2 then it will somehow produce more hp to the cran then the 140 how and what makes this possible Im not exactly sure of. Man I think Im gonna have to get another 626 all these forums get me all missing my car and stuff.

its easily explained

F2T has compression of 7.8 with 6 PSI to pruduce 145Hp

F2 has compression of 8.6 to produce 120Hp(which i strongly doubt, they only had 83-85Kw)

F2 + T has 8.6 compression + boost even with something small like 4 PSI, the F2T should be set closer to 10PSI to match it.

turbo power not always comes from boost, compression plays an amazing role........ too much boost on high compression engine will kill it too :(

well you right to a point.though the probe/mx6/626 was rated at 145hp.but the truth its this car s are underrated.those its boosted 7psi in stock for but with a free mod you can get a good wheel hp from a stock ihi turbo.with air intake ,downpipe,boost controller ,reprogram chip and exhaust you can get as much as 198-230 whp which its about 250hp at 16psi.the the hp varies.depend on the mod.

with Mazda you can NEVER be sure of where the output was measured. RX7 SP was measured at the wheels to pass the 206Kw law in japan, where Familia was measured at the fly to give it some bigger power reading.

I love mazdas, but its the biggest mess of a company. the only way you can be sure is dyno it :(

you have VERY limited time on the dyno...... and usually its VERY expencive (thats why aftermarket ECUs are 1500 and then another 1000 to tune it).

i don't know enough about dynos to say what is involved.....hehe... i said everything i know in the first sentence :blink:

I got an 88 626 4dr LX. question regarding the air flow meter. I know its the trap-door style... now if I was to install an aftermarket intake, is it necessary for me to relocate the AFM of can I remove it completely? I mean for the kind of meter it is, it restricts air anyways. Also, would messing with the air box increase the likelihood of the car not passing aircare? And as for the turbo addition to a non turbo, I see that it would be more HP adding it from a non turbo than having one initially. How much would that cost roughly to get it done $ CDN currency? THanks!

the style of AFM is known as VAF (Vain Air Flow) meter. if you remove it, your car will not run, there are no direct replacements for that meter. just get an adaptor plate that will polt up to VAF.

Make sure before putting pod on to check wether its legal where you are, its iligal where i am. as for emission, you should be fine.

to turbo your F2 you will need to take from F2T (GT):

ECU

Dizzy

Injectors

Fuel Rail

Harness

Exhaust Manifold

Turbo

Knock sensor

Coolant/Heater pipe

you going to have to machine the block for oil return lines and knock sensor.

and word of warning, do not go over 9PSI....... you will blow a rod or two through the side of the block

Hey thanks freddie...that helps quite a bit...where are u from anyways? if ure in BC, well its illegal here as well..basically anything that didn't come with the car when it was bought is illegal..That's somewhat of an exagerration but...yeah I'm thinking of putting in a front mount intake...how much hp does it add avg?

im from Oz (australia)

Pods generally give about 1-5Hp, but as you progress with engine modifications that number will grow...... ie worked engines have a greater benifit from Pods but it doesn't hurt having it as long as its out of engine bay or well shielded

From what I've read over the internet and read in the shop manual, the turbo'd 2.2L in the 626 auto (in US trim) was making 130hp while the MX6 was pushing 145 hp.....just from what I've read so......... :unsure:

They were huge lizard-like creatures that roamed the earth millions of years ago... :P

They're machines that measure a car's horsepower output at the wheels. They have rollers flush to the ground that allow the car to "drive" while staying in one place. They're freakin' expensive machines, like $50k a pop. The shop I worked at this summer had one installed. It's a new smog thing in Cali.

it is a bit of bull.

some cars have PCV(positive crank ventilation) going back to the air-box when the airbox removed the hard hydro-carbons get released into atmosphere. our cars have the PCV going into the TB boot.

its just to simplefy the system.... instead of having list of cars that must have Air-Boxes they just illigalize Pods all together

this is my guess anyway

My cousins 88 Mx-6 GT dynoed 146 HP to the wheels and 174 torque to the wheels stock ... I read somewhere that the 88 - 92 GT engines were underrated ... The motor really has about 170 - 175 HP and 190 Torque ... So pretty much my cousins dyno was acurate ... Most dyno sessions in the U.S cost $75 and above for 3 dyno runs ... My cousin got his for free because our buddy used to own a shop with a dyno.