snailman153624

Cleaning Your Nasty Piss-yellow Headlights

98 posts in this topic

"How?" you might ask. "I didn't know it was POSSIBLE to clean up my nasty yellow headlights," you might say. "Is this guy telling the truth?" you might wonder.

I am here to say, NO, I'm not making this up, YES, it works (!), and here's how:

(Ok, this is really starting to sound like an infomercial...maybe I went a lil' overboard)

1 - Buy this fantastic product called "Chrome Polish" (blackshine007 used one made by Turtle Wax, $3 at Wal-Mart)

2 - Find a cheap rag (your roommate's sock drawer is a good place to look)

3 - "Wax on, wax off"

4 - It's that simple!

I'll put up some before and after pics, they look like crystal clear glass again!

Sadly, the rest of my car is still dirty :ohmy:

wax the inside right? If this works ill be the happiest 6er alive its the only part of my car i disliked it remined me of a white shirt getting out of a kiddy pool

Well, as far as I know, the bums in atlanta don't open your hood and remove the little covers behind the headlights to take a piss :lol:

But maybe yours are yellow inside too, it's possible -_-

Its worked they look new, hell of a find there now i have nothing to complain about on my car other than that it has not tranny in it right now (the transmisson looks good on the floor of my room) yahh I need mounts ha

An old friend I used to work with had showed me that when I first got my car. Snailman, if U think that your headlights were yellow, yours was crystal clear compared to mine. I almost couldn't see out of them and was convinced that I'm going to replace them. So he reached into his tool box and did the same thing I did to snailman's car..... I was hitched ever since

so you just clean the outside not the inside of the headlights what happens if you clean the inside of the bulbs

what happens if you clean the inside of the bulbs

I have no idea how you would even try that one.....

Seriously, you can TRY to clean the inside of the headlight, but it's not gonna be easy/fun, because it has ridges all over, not a smooth surface you can just polish. Don't try to clean your bulbs with chrome polish, however, they will blow out.

1 person likes this

Don't try to clean your bulbs with chrome polish, however, they will blow out.

i meant inside of headlights

Snailman isn't making this up because I was the one who demonstrated it on his own vehicle one day when we met up.

img-40077-1-324867_20_full.jpg

My headlights weren't always this color. In fact, they were so yellow that I couldn't see at night and was convinced that I need new ones. But that guy at work hooked me up and did the same thing to my vehicle I did to snailman's, buffed out the bright lights. Got get you some Turtle Wax Chrome polish or at least something that's of the same type of chrome polish. Trust me, it works

I just used plain old flouride toothpaste. They only thing is you have to use a little elbow grease. Then once the yellow came off, went over it with some Turtle Wax metal polish. I'll have the before and after pics up soon.

im sorry guys but i dont understand what was yellow and what is clear now. Somone plz point it out so i understand.