Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
cronosky

95 v6 MT Rough idle after water pump change

Hi guys, my v6 manual transmission cronos developed a rough idle a day after changing a leaking water pump (which I suspect was damaged by a seized thermostat). What are most likely problems causing this? And can I travel a 90mile distance with it while its idling rough?

Thanks

the idle is controled by the AIC. its atop the throttle body. To simply test it, remove the wire connector and use a 9 volt battery/w wire leads to leads and tap one end off and on, listen for a click from the valve opening. If its not, remove it from throttle body and repeat test to see if the plunger moves. Try cleaning it, clogs up now and agaian.If you cant get it to move agian , its gone and replace it.

It could be the IAC, like mazda6sic6 says. But it could also be a vacuum leak somewhere. And it's a bit more likely that you accidentally damaged one of the vacuum hoses when changing the water pump??