Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Smash

Turn signals/hazard lights working intermittently

Hi,

There seem to be a few issues like this posted previously but they don't match my issue exactly so I thought I'd ask:

My turn signals/Hazard lights in my '98 626 seem to work intermittently.  The problem has gotten worse over the past 2-3 weeks to the point where I'd say they only work about 25% of the time.  I'm not sure if it's just co-incidence, but turning the wheel seems to help me turn them on (but not always, and less and less each day).  For example, if I pull up at an intersection and try to signal and it doesn't work, turning the wheel over will often allow me to turn them on.  When it does work they will flash maybe 5 or 6 times and then stop.  The issue happens turning both left and right.  All the bulbs work when the signals actually work.

I've checked the fuses and they seem fine and my next stop was to get a new flasher relay.  However, I just wanted to see if anyone could tell what the issue was with the above before doing so.  My research seems to have me split between Flasher relay, hazard light switch, combo switch in the column, with an outside chance that it's the ignition switch (although perhaps not applicable to this particular vehicle).