Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

2000 Mazda 626 2.5L V6 - Manual Transmission 

Hello, I'll try to keep this short and to the point. 

My Mazda was losing power between 3000 and 4000 RPMs (60-80MPH) and then one day - poof, I can't gain any accelaration. 

I check the codes and I get

P0340 - CPS sens A 

P0400- EGR Valve

P0300- Rand mmf

P0171 - B1 Lean

P0175- B2 lean 

P0131 -32-33-34-35-36 - Rand MF 

I replaced the spark plugs already, I cleaned the throttle body. 

Im really not a mechanic but I learn fast,  I'm assuming check the EGR valve and either clean or replace it. 

I was told it could be Mass Airflow sensor, and cam position sensor. 

I ended up taking the car to a mechanic after the stuff I wrote about above. He called me and told me that the car is running rich (was lean when I checked before replacing plugs), and that he could replace the EGR valve but that may not fix the issue. He said that it's probably not even worth repairing the vehicle because it would be too costly.  I don't fully trust the guy to be honest, he has done me wrong in the past. 

Now to get to the point. 

What should I do? Should I fix the car? Is it fairly simple. I'm pretty sure I can handle it myself. 

In my mind I see myself figuring our where the EGR valve is, removing it and cleaning it as well as the ports it connects to making sure the carbon is removed. 

What else could be causing the problem? Should I replace the Mass airflow sensor and cam position sensor after cleaning the EGR system?

What other issues could it be? Is it really not worth fixing? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

I really can't afford to lose this vehicle but I also can't afford to dump money into it if it's going to cost thousands of dollars. 

Thank you!

A cheap check would be look for the test port in front of the catalytic converter.  Remove it and drive around and see if it runs better. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2019 at 6:05 PM, aleekat said:

A cheap check would be look for the test port in front of the catalytic converter.  Remove it and drive around and see if it runs better. 

Thank you