Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Good day. Is there's any way to aim my 626's headlights? The manual I found online doesn't apply to me since it seems to have a different headlight assembly. (For instance: It keeps mentioning a level bubble supposedly built into the assembly, which mine clearly doesn't have. The turn signal also comes attached with the headlight in the said manual, while mine has it as a separate unit altogether.)

My research has told me it’s a European 626 model. Haven’t found anything about aiming though.

For reference, here's what my 626's headlight assembly looks like:

802048682_626headlight1.thumb.jpg.2a264e5b46f32b2f8c9a500d67ace2f0.jpg

headlight2.thumb.jpg.95d1c60910f6250d1c95f2dd1dab2340.jpg

Got the images from

https://www.motorhog.co.uk/parts-breaking/details/headlight-mazda-626-92-97-passenger-headlamp---warranty---910286/-/6169/

https://www.motorhog.co.uk/parts-breaking/details/headlight-mazda-626-92-97-passenger-headlamp---warranty---901489/-/6170/

So I managed to squeeze a bit of time to poke around and explore last night. I found the answer to my own question and I thought I should put it out here for anyone who may need it.

1406042489_headlight22.thumb.jpg.87c16251eae9ea5545b44e5abb3f527c.jpg

These four bolts/screws are the ones used for aiming this type of headlight. They move the beams around depending on which way you turn the bolt.

Blue: Moves the high beam left or right

Green: High beam, up or down

Red: Low beam, left or right

Yellow: Low beam, up or down

It's worth noting that these mechanisms may be fragile due to their age, so be careful! It won't take a lot of turning to move the beams a significant degree anyway, so be patient and turn the bolts with a bit of care.

You'll know you broke it when you hear a snap with the bolt suddenly feeling loose and the beam no stays put despite the infinite number of spins. Found this out the hard way. I'll see if there's a way around this, or if I'm left with no choice but to source a new assembly when I find some spare time again. Sigh.