Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Shelbyburford

HELPPP ME PLEASE!! 2001 Mazda 626 V6

Hello, I recently have been working on my 2001 Mazda 626 V6 working with the power steering pump. I bought a brand new pump and lost a bolt. I can’t find it anywhere and I was wondering if anyone has ANY IDEA of where I can buy one. Please help. Any help would be appreciated!! 

6BBEED12-DEA4-4536-90A2-4CE0CEDE84C3.jpeg

EA0796D8-B1F1-45A4-BE6A-1FDF244BAE27.png

Those are called Banjo Bolts, with the hole that goes through it just like brake lines do. I have not removed one myself on these cars to know the dimensions and thread size, but what  I suggest is ask the dealership if they have the bolt available to order, or ask a auto parts store if they have a kit full of aftermarket banjo bolts available, or go to junkyard and pull one out yourself.  Or find it on every hidden spot around your engine bay, it will eventually show up somewhere where you can't see it, use a mirror and light.

4 hours ago, Tiberianx said:

Those are called Banjo Bolts, with the hole that goes through it just like brake lines do. I have not removed one myself on these cars to know the dimensions and thread size, but what  I suggest is ask the dealership if they have the bolt available to order, or ask a auto parts store if they have a kit full of aftermarket banjo bolts available, or go to junkyard and pull one out yourself.  Or find it on every hidden spot around your engine bay, it will eventually show up somewhere where you can't see it, use a mirror and light.

I’m wondering if a regular bolt if used instead how that would effect the pump. I think I found the bolt that was previously in the old pump that broke. And it’s just a regular bolt. Which is stripped. And leads me to believe a new regular bolt in my new pump will just break my new pump.. or maybe last until I can get an actual banjo bolt for it.

If you use a regular bolt, it would block the flow going through the PS pump. A banjo bolt has a hole on the side and that hole runs to the bottom hole of that bolt thus allowing fluid flow to bypass through the bolt and into the pipe as it's designed.

I'm not an expert in everything inside a PS pump so I don't know the damage it could do without the banjo bolt but I'm sure it will cause premature failure down the road. If you're going to temporally  put a regular bolt in until you find the correct one, make sure you buy another pair of copper washers since they can only be used once. Again I am not sure what happens once you put the regular bolt in and start the car and drive it.

• Like 1