Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Blinger

Excessive White Smoke Coming From Exhaust

Hey guys, I just got done replacing my head gasket. I had the head resurfaced, put it all back together, and it ran good for the first day. I woke up and changed the spark plugs the first thing in the morning to AC Delco Rapidfire and the it immediately started bellowing smoke out. When I changed the head gasket I never changed the valve stem seals. The smoke doesn't even stop when the car is warmed up. Any ideas?

Well usually black smoke is oil...But white is coolant/water.  So I wouldn't suspect seals. 

Okay, thanks for the info. I looked around and people basically said to drive it around a lot to get the water/coolant out of my exhaust.

Changed the oil and PC valve, everything looks alright so far, but I will see tomorrow. I also put some cleaning stuff in the old oil before I changed it and then when I put the new oil in, I also put in some liquid that will maybe help with some problems.