Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
iryti71

Issues with the TRS

Hello everyone, Ive lurkes on here for a long time and gotten a lot of good information. Im hoping to continue that streak now. I have searched and search for this information amd there seems to be a ton of unresolved threads on the subject. 

Car: 2000 626 2.5 v6 with a gf4a-el transmission.

Issue. It tripped a code for a fault in the range sensor. 

It got changed and now it will start in park and neutral. Park, reverse and 1 all work just fine. D and 2 wont catch, meaning when i am at a stop, the engine just spins. When in 2...same thing. When the car is in 1...it starts out just fine, then when the gear gets going to about 3k revs i can switch it to 2 or D and it drives just fine. The code is gone and the car isnt tripping any transmission fault codes. Dealer and transmissions shops are saying the tranny is just fine but the switch needs to be adjusted. The threads are saying there is an aligment tool...dealer says there is one and i got one on a loaner....its the wrong one. I tried wiggling it, rotating it 1 degree at a time and tightening the bolts back down. I tried adjusting the rotating inner bezel....this has got NO love for me. 

This is an adjustment question. In all the threads i have seen some off the wall answers like adding oil coolers and stuff....i just need to know how to adjust the switch. There doesnt appear to be a tool for this.

Attached are the front and back if the part, ghe tool and a pic if how the tool doesnt fit the opening it is supposed to.

PLEASE HELP!!!

20180913_235230.jpg

20180913_235224.jpg

20180913_235328.jpg

20180913_235352.jpg

Your dealer never looked in the shop manual.  

Shop Manual      Section 05-17B-11(starts there)   This is for the 98 but it's the same.