Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Next on my vast things-that-need-to-be-fixed list (it never ends! :lol: ) : Shocks & Struts

What can I say? I'm tired of the suspension going cartoony every time I run over an amoeba. This'll have to take priority over replacing the back panel (I must say I'm glad the rain's stopped for now. :biggrin: ).

I recall Rotated saying the following a while back:

On 6/2/2017 at 6:13 AM, Rotated6_2 said:

The new front shock inserts and rear shocks, now fitted.:smile: 

A word of warning, however.  If you do go to change your struts, there are two types listed for our vehicles - one model suits up to CB2MS - 543XXX, and after that, the other part number.

Here is a visual picture of why - on the left (up to 543XXX), on the right (after 543XXX).  There is a 25mm difference in the housing height, so early model will not fit later model!

WP_20170428_16_59_47_Pro.thumb.jpg.74caec101b28e4593b9a96443c48eb78.jpg

I am really glad I replaced the rear shocks, there was no rebound left in either of them!

IMG_0786.thumb.JPG.6d83fecbfad8697fc0e7a58fbf94f88e.JPG

So according to my car's VIN, my car's of the after 543XXX variety. Could somebody tell me the part # for these items?

Did any other car come with these parts or were these exclusive to 626's? Were all 1980 models after 543XXX?

Thanks!