Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John B.

99 mazda 626 looses rpms when windows or heater are used

i have a 99 Mazda 626 4 cyl that i got from a neighbor whose mom passed the car has 72000 original miles sat in the garage for 2 years before i got from her. I did the usual stuff you should do on a car that has been sitting, battery belts wires plugs gaskets filters added a ground wire to the car and the battery as i saw the factory one was rather cheesy and connected to the right side motor mount why they do that who knows ect

All of a sudden when we use the heater or power windows the car wants to stall out rpms drop not that the car stalls as it doesn't

Also noticed that after warm up the cars rpms are 500 rpms seems kind of low to me

i saw a post about the exact same problems with directions and links on how to fix this step by step but can't seem to find it now that i've joined the group ,something about an iac and the plunger maybe be stuck or carboned out? and the map censor( i already cleaned that)

Yes i did clean the map sensor and yes i did use map censor cleaner that helped for about a week

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for your time

John B in R.I.

Started my Mazda 626 last week and I had the same problem. The car had been standing for nearly a year.

I pulled the throttle body intake off and gave a quick squirt of Wynn,s air intake & carburettor cleaner into the throttle body. Now runs perfect.

http://www.autosessive.com/products/60310/wynns-air-intake-carburettor-cleaner-500ml

Hope this helps

ya i tried that 1 already didn't help  my problem

i think it's iac but with all the snow and cold here in r.i. i have to wait to get the iac off the car and try the cleaning or replacement

thanks for your time

i was looking for the post that explained exactly how to do the iac cleaning and taking apart

i saw it on here but now can't find it

again thanks for your time

john in r.i.

Sorry I could not help.

Have you Googled it?

Try: mazda 626 iac cleaning and taking apart

Ok so I cleaned the throttle Body and The IAC  cleaned up nice verified that it was working properly with volt meter and apply voltage reinstalled did new gas filter and the gas regulator valve while I was there , put it all together made sure there where no leaks and I still get the same results the car run fines until you put the heat on or try to put the windows up or down at a stop and this only happens when in driving the car at a stop not in park sitting in the yard  , really need some help here as this is our only car at the moment and just can,t figure it out , my friend said check transmition  fluid level or egr valve , some help please as I am out of work so money is tight and can,t keep spending money only to have the same issue thanks for your time 

When you start the car and you have nothing electrical running (heater/lights), the battery should read 13.7 to 14.7 volts?
When you turn heater on, does volts on the battery drop?
If yes turn off heater and turn on rear demister. Does the engine revs drop, and volts on battery drop.
If yes, check your alternator out put.
If the alternator is OK, it could be the battery (check battery connectors and earth)
If alternator and battery OK  you could have a bad connection somewhere.
I had a car many years ago that kept loosing power when I reached 50mph or accelerated. Found the connection had come lose on the coil. Everyone was telling me it was a fuel problem.
I hope this helps? If not let me know.