Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

I've got an issue with my 89 626 2.2 n/a not charging. I've had the alternator bench tested, and I've got a fresh battery installed, but it refuses to charge. I've also noticed that with the key on, engine off, the charge light isn't illuminated on the dash. I'm not sure where to go from here. My thinking is that there is a break somewhere in the circuit that runs from the battery to the dash to the alternator, but I don't know where to start looking. Every workshop manual I've downloaded doesn't do a very good job outlining the charging circuit or that part is completely missing. If anyone knows anything that might help or could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I've read that if that indicator bulb is burned out, the alternator will not charge. Did you ever get this resolved? I'm also having weird charging problems, but going to make a separate post.