Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
jeanniejeannette

aust made mazda diesel 626 1984 sedan GC10 F1 model

what to do with this still functional 1984 diesel Mazda 626 GC10 F1 model - buying a new car, but I dont want to send this to the wreckers.

Am too fond of her. She is white.

Still works, lots of power, but a bothersome starter motor that needs a tap now and then [stuck brushes]

Has a dented boot [still locks] but have a spare boot to fit . some minor scratches. Other parts available ie re-conditioned head, spare Alternator

and fuel injector pumps.

[ I have  to look again as to which].

Will anyone reply to this - ideas ? suggestions ??.

Does anyone want to restore or buy the car for parts. Interior suffers some sun damage and brittle centre console.

Put up some pics, jeanniejeannette.  Keep her and put her on club registration!:thumbsup:

Thank you for your reply. I will get some pics uploaded, tho am not sure how on this website.  Done it !

I actually don't have the room to keep her, once I get another car - I live on a small town block.

How do I put her on club registration ?.    Can I post a for sale notice in this club for any who might be interested , even just for parts ?? 

The boot has a small dent in it now,  I backed into a fence post. But I have a good boot to fit / replace this dented one - its green - needs to be repainted white.

IMG_1190_1.JPG

Edited by jeanniejeannette
more things to say in posting.

OK.  Gotta think like a perspective buyer.:thumbsup: ( Remember, Aussies are tight arses when it comes to old girls like this!!!!)

So your plates tell me you're South Aussie. - Adelaide or country?

How many Ks on the clock?

Auto or manual

Service history available?

Still has rego, how many months left?  If no, any idea what will be required to get a road worthy?(not 100% necessary to know, but always helps)

Tyres?

Pics - sides, front, engine bay and interior

P.S.  If you need a hand posting this on FB on different car sites, send me a personal message.  Happy to help you out.

Philip:biggrin:

Thanks Phillip for your input much appreciated. I will get cracking re posting extra details and extra pics etc.. And will holler if I need help with Facebook etc.

here is what I do know without running off to get details --

I am country - mid north. Riverton which is on Burra interstate Hwy [south of Clare , north of Gawler]

Car has approx. just over 670,000 ks on the clock.  Plenty of guts, she surprises me actually. Is with the garage doc right now [tonight A/Hrs]

having the starter motor swapped with a good working spare that I had [but had forgotten about].

Manual 6 speed

Full service history from new 1984 to the present . I bought it 7 years ago from a mechanic -close friend - in immaculate but old condition

[it was his personal car - wife had the classy latest Maz.]

Car looks a well used and a bit battered workhorse - used for all manner of transporting stuff - rocks for landscaping et al. I think she has had fun with me ,

meeting my challenges, a happy car. Dented but still lockable boot is courtesy of oddly placed farm corner post. I have a replacement boot to fit but is

green - needs to be painted.

Tyres are fair - worn but still roadworthy.

I will load up extra pics tomorrow.

Cheers

JN