Sign in to follow this  
jmak5

New battery, new alternator, still won’t charge

2 posts in this topic

Recently had the battery light come on in my 2001 626. I had an older battery so I replaced that. Was good for about  week before the light came on again. After about another week, the car wouldn’t start, the battery wouldn’t hold a charge. So today the alternator was replaced, battery charged, and the battery still drains and won’t hold a charge, resulting in a dead battery. Connections are good, belt is tight, no wires seem damaged. What could be the issue? By the way, I’m not a very car savy person. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, this is a European spec car, so don’t know if it differs from American spec. I live in Europe so no autozone or o’rielys to get it checked out at.

On 11/22/2017 at 1:57 PM, jmak5 said:

Recently had the battery light come on in my 2001 626. I had an older battery so I replaced that. Was good for about  week before the light came on again. After about another week, the car wouldn’t start, the battery wouldn’t hold a charge. So today the alternator was replaced, battery charged, and the battery still drains and won’t hold a charge, resulting in a dead battery. Connections are good, belt is tight, no wires seem damaged. What could be the issue? By the way, I’m not a very car savy person. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, this is a European spec car, so don’t know if it differs from American spec. I live in Europe so no autozone or o’rielys to get it checked out at.

Make sure to check you’re fuses 

C9D277D7-78F6-48B9-810A-CED4F4420B72.jpeg

D0AA8FA1-2379-4EC8-B7BA-AAA5F9D28927.jpeg

4FC298AA-B7C3-4005-BEB1-0CF9C8980405.jpeg

A2A19AD7-AED9-4252-B679-E60A0634CC20.jpeg