Raymond

Mazda mx6 overheating

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys I have a Mazda mx6 yesterday I topped up the car with water and this morning going to work car started over heating stoped the car checked both water caps on engine and it was bone dry.. I've checked after driving the car I don't c any leaks this is the second time it's happened I thought it was the thermostat but obviously it isn't please help..

Coolant has to be going somewhere.  First thing I would do is a pressure test.  Most auto part stores have a "loan a tool" program.  Check oil for water and water for oil.  Head gasket can cause this. 

Hi thank u for the reply..i checked the oil it's just black what color will the oil be if the head gasket is blown or leaking thru.. And I took the thermostat out and haven't replaced it yet could this be the reason y 

Stuck thermostat can cause the overheating but again the coolant has to be going somewhere.  Run the car and check the oil while running and see if you can see any water droplets on the stick.  The plastic neck on the radiator has been a known source of leaks(cracked with age).  Pressure tester...

Hi there I'm found a leak on the radiator it's self thanx for ur help..but now I've got another question..while I'm driving the car and I put the acceleration down flat the car jerks and feels like it pulling back..like there's a dead spot somewhere..iv changed spark plugs and checked the plug wires and still does it..do u maybe know what that could be..regards Raymond 

Hi there I fixed the leak on the radiator..but now if I drive the car and stop there is water coming out somewhere on the left side off the motor by the cambelt if I lay under the car the water is dripping off from the crankshaft pulley along the cambelt I c it coming from there somewhere..please help it would be appreciated  

Sounds like water pump.  There's a weep hole on the underside of the pump.  When the bearings start to go bad, pump leaks.  

Replace.  Just internet search.  Pump prices vary..

Hi OK I'm gonna replace it..and yesterday I drove to town and back and the overflow water bottle was overflowing with water could that also be water pump thats gone bad 

Could also be bad radiator cap or like I said.  Bad head gasket, or cracked head.  How hot did you let it get and how long did you drive it like that?