fwainwright

rough idle

2 posts in this topic

I have a 2001 mazda 626 lx 2 litre auto and my problem is this,rough idle. this rough idle broke over time every motor mount. replaced all. still present . gets worse when ac on. no codes, no check light. took off ac/ps belt to isolate. went away normal engine vibration. power steering pump was making a little noise but fluid looks brand new and no leaks. already ordered new pump. I dont know much about the power steering pressure switch, but could be a problem. my father the ac tech says the ac system may have too much oil in it. going to vacuum pump it all out and recover.  the ac clutch is working. both the ac and power steering pump  move freely with no resistance. let me know if anyone can be of assistance thank you all frank

I have the exact same problem, Fwain.   I have tried adjusting the AC Freon levels, replacing motor mounts, cleaning the throttle, iac valve, and MAF sensor, changing the spark plugs and wires, and running seafoam.   All to no avail, but I am going to try a grounding kit that's on the way.