chally

I goofed..

21 posts in this topic

So, last week I replaced the clutch in my 88 626 turbo. I did the job in a hurry so as a result, I lost track of where all the mounting brackets need to go.

I have also searched high and low for any kind of diagram that shows bracket locations (other than trans and engine mounts) and had no luck so far.

the chilton i have for this car isn't real specific either. Anyone have any useful links for my predicament?

Hey man I'm kind of in the same predicament with my 88 GT except I did an auto to manual swap and am having a vibration issue with my car. I believe I may be missing something. Well I know I am missing the plate in between the block and the trans near the starter aswell as the lower flywheel cover but possibly some other stuff too. 

I do have an 88 non turbo as well but I think it may be a bit different. 

The attached image might help. If you would take some pics of yours when you get it back together that would be awesome!IMG_1123.PNG

hey man thanks, you have the diagram of exactly what I have been looking for for like a week and a half.

that piece in the pic is what I couldn't find a home for, it looks like figure 2 in your first pic.

WIN_20170112_18_28_39_Pro.jpg

huge help! when I get it all buttoned up, ill take a few pics of it, assuming I do it right.

yeah there is one there, its currently 20 degrees so after i warm up ill snap a pic for you, the other thing though i was just out there trying to get it mounted properly, it looks like it will fit but all the screws i have left bottom out before they meet the plate. so there is another part that goes on there some how

so that is where I'm currently at, but there's still that one bracket that I posted earlier, I am not yet seeing a home for it.

also, you were so right about putting the bolts in the wrong spot!

I think that first pic is the bracket I am missing. What part is giving you the problem? I know the manifold bracket has a part that goes under it on the bottom half. 

Yea I think you have it backward in the top pic. The intake manifold bracket has to go behind the trans bracket. I could be wrong but unbolt that tranny bracket and slide it down from behind 

yeah that one is the one I cant find a home for, the other brackets are where they need to be now. 

well, that bracket that is bolted over the manifold bracket wont clear the oil pan lip if it is behind the manifold bracket. I tried that at first.

That other bracket (the one you took a picture with) lol goes on the front of the bell housing up behind the exhaust down pipe. 

Thanks for posting the pics. The transmission bracket is what I believe I am missing I got to get under the car. I'm ready to tear the transmission back out. The pics give me a good idea now what should be there I'm gonna crawl under it tomorrow. 

I have to ask again just to be clear when you separated the transmission from the engine was there anything in between them on the back/top of the bellhousing?

damn it haha I see it on that exploded diagram now.. legit face palm haha. well that solves that!

there isn't any other supports between the two apart from those three brackets in the pics. I really appreciate your help man, I was struggling for a while, pm me if there are any other bits of info I can share with you.