tbm3fan

Anti-Theft

3 posts in this topic

Does anybody have the anti-theft system in their 88-92? Reason I ask is because it seems my 1990 does. There is supposed to be a blank panel next to the electric mirror adjust switch down on the left side. This blank panel has a small red light that I always wondered about after getting the car.

A week ago my wife told me that her dash lights were flashing off and on while driving. I went into the car and started it, while dark, and yes the dash lights flashed. So did the parking lights and that little red light on the lower dash. I thought this is a car alarm but from where? Car has no way of arming as all there is is just a key for the door. If the lights are turned on then the flashing stops so I told my wife to drive during the day with the lights on for now. With rain and darkness it is hard to get a look into this.

So I wonder if there is an alarm partially left over from years ago? A factory Mazda alarm. A defective flasher? Need to see if there is anything I can pull to stop this.

Well it doesn't matter at this time. She went over a parking lot speed bump and it turned the light green and the lights stopped flashing. Well, at least till next time unless I find the spot to disconnect.

1 person likes this

Don't you just love how these cars just fix themselves?? (rolls eyes).

I also have the red light next to the mirror switch. Mine did not come with a "factory" alarm however a Cobra Alarm was fitted as requested by the original owner at the dealership when new. I still have all the paperwork showing this. I don't know if the dealer had any special arrangement

Mines always been switched off as I've been worried about what it might fry after not being used for many years. It's all still in situ though.

Good luck with yours! I don't think our 626's are what you'd call "high risk...."