giggione666

Which year of this model?

8 posts in this topic

Hi to all

I am returning after several months

I am still owning  a mazda 626 registered in the year 2000 but i am not sure of the year of production of my car

can anyone help me ?

thanks in advance to all

placca_2.jpg

placca_1.jpg

On 27/11/2016 at 4:10 AM, gooseboy78 said:

body tag (2nd one) says 1996. i wil guess 27 febuary?

thanks but i guess 27 is the week

year 1996 week 27 but i dont thik mazda realiza a plate for every week of the year so i donot know neither the year nor the model

The only thing I can tell is that it's the GF chassi which was made as the 98-02 models.
But according Zepticon's knowledge on how to decode the VIN makes it a 99 model, which I would asume it is. I also believe the 00-02 had some minor changes to the hood etc.

yea thanks, actually the car was registered in march 2000

so if i am not wrog the car is a mazda 626 5gen Hatchback 1840 cc gasoline

It could still be registred in March, but Zepticon's decoding shit has not been wrong yet so I still believe it's a 99.

The car is a 6gen Hatchback (If you say hatch) It's also known as the 626 GF. 1840cc is correct (1.839) with 90HP (66kW) and 145Nm. Also known as the FP-DE engine.

More information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Capella#Sixth_generation

thanks for the detailed infos, and for the hint (I am not confident with english automotive terms)

i must correct it is not hatchback but it should be sedan style

No worries, hope the information helps you, either way it's always neat to know :)

Hatch and sedan are different and they offered both versions, for the GF I think the sedan loooks better, but for the GE the hatch wins everyday :D