Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
xtheonewhoknocks

Performance intake for 2000 2.5L LX V6 Auto?

Can anyone recommend a good cheap (80-150$) aftermarket cold air intake kit for my 2000 Mazda 626 LX V6 Auto? One thatll fit and i wont really have any problems with the MAF or IAT or anything like that? im kind of new to all of this. Also, if i wernt to install it (i would obviously try my self, doesnt seem to hard) how much would it cost to have a mechanic install it? (just a base price?) Thanks!

sorry bro parts for the v6s are completely D.I.Y. (do it yourself) fortunately making your own inlet pipe isnt hard. just few things needed to be welded into stainless steel (doesnt flex and warp with heat like aluminium does) and you are done. only really a few minutes work to braise in all the right holes for the sensors then bolt it on.

On 11/30/2016 at 10:46 PM, gooseboy78 said:

sorry bro parts for the v6s are completely D.I.Y. (do it yourself) fortunately making your own inlet pipe isnt hard. just few things needed to be welded into stainless steel (doesnt flex and warp with heat like aluminium does) and you are done. only really a few minutes work to braise in all the right holes for the sensors then bolt it on.

Yeah, my cousin has a car (04' saturn ion, 2.2 I4) with the same issue, all DIY. we installed an short ram intake on his car the other day didnt take too long, had to cut the intake we bought about 3 inches for it to fit, buy some rubber grommets for the IAT sensor, and a coupler, but it mounted up securely and no CEL. success!! Haven't done anything to my 626 yet, has an oil leak and now the 3rd alternator (over the course of like 5-6 yrs.. still) has gone bad, alternator has less than 400 miles on it tho.. so i prob wont do anything until i figure out what the hell is going on with the electrical system lol. thanks for the tips tho man!

On 19-10-2016 at 5:47 AM, xtheonewhoknocks said:

Can anyone recommend a good cheap (80-150$) aftermarket cold air intake kit for my 2000 Mazda 626 LX V6 Auto? One thatll fit and i wont really have any problems with the MAF or IAT or anything like that? im kind of new to all of this. Also, if i wernt to install it (i would obviously try my self, doesnt seem to hard) how much would it cost to have a mechanic install it? (just a base price?) Thanks!

The engine already has a factory mounted cold air intake. A better one then you possibly can make yourself.

You better invest in a good quality insert filter.