Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Qbar43

Carrier Bearing Cv Joint shaft, 85 GC FWD Auto.

Hi all,

Would anyone out there know the part number for the above Carrier Bearing?

Also where to source one?

For right hand Cv Joint shaft.

Cannot seem to find much information.

Cheers

The intermediate shaft assy comes in separate pieces, the bearing p/n is 99606-82063 and the shaft p/n is G001-25-710A. The bracket which contains the bearing is p/n G001-25-740. These appear to be the same #s across all GC models.

Thanks mate you're a legend.

The wrecker tells me this joint shaft bearing/carrier rarely go wrong. It's just that with the CV joints out better to deal with now.

Would you suggest removal for a proper inspection or while attached to trans and engine? Or it may not be wise turning or pulling on this shaft with axles removed

What do you think?

Cheers,

Anthony

DO NOT remove the intermediate shaft with the left shaft also removed. The differential will fall apart inside the housing and will require disassembly to correct. It requires either the left shaft or the intermediate shaft to be inserted to keep everything aligned inside the carrier. Do not start the vehicle with EITHER shaft out.

It is extremely rare for it to be a problem; there is no reason to remove the intermediate shaft unless you are certain it is making noise. As long as the bearing seals look to be in decent shape, and the bearing isn't dry or loose or falling apart, I would recommend leaving it alone. It would be the last bearing I would suspect of going in ANY front drive car I've encountered using one. =)

Thanks again, I did read it somewhere in one of the manuals not to remove, but appreciate you confirming.

I notice you have a Turbo Coupe, this is a 2.0 litre correct. I love the coupe, there's one on Ebay here in Melbourne not registered and no road worthy. Many K's but looks very good?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mazda-626-turbo-1987-GC-Super-Deluxe-Coupe-2dr-Man-5sp-2-0T-/252560309182?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

Is yours a manual? what's your impression of this model?

Cheers,

Anthony 

Yes, mine is an FE/T manual. I love it. Fast out of the gate and potential for more. They are super rare in Canada, considering I have only ever seen 3 examples and I owned two of them at one point.

That ebay ad looks like it is in great nick, I would kill for that louver. If you have any chance of getting it, you should. Especially if it is actually a one owner car with a clean accident history...