Doctor Robert

C Pillar "Vent" Trim Piece

16 posts in this topic

So a trim piece fell off my car in a very British Leyland fashion (though to be fair this was the first time in 36 years, which is much longer than BL could claim):

20160904_194006_zpskajlizxb.jpg

I have all the parts. The tidbit that failed the rest of the trim piece was a little plastic nut-thing that went at the bottom, here:

20160904_194002_zps40j6liym.jpg

The piece looks like this:

20160904_194023_zpssdvx7wpq.jpg

Does anybody happen to have one of these? I can find the part number but all the parts sites I went to didn't have the piece itself.

Also, I'm missing this little piece on the other side (the left side):

20160904_194031_zpsjqkybyca.jpg

which goes here, on the top of the trim piece (on the other side):

20160904_194040_zpsdd1rgdvo.jpg

Does anyone happen to have these tiny parts... or at the least can point me to where I might find them?

let me see what I can come up with.. Never know I might have it and not know it yet..

Dan

On 9/5/2016 at 9:50 PM, dan atkins said:

let me see what I can come up with.. Never know I might have it and not know it yet..

Dan

Any luck?

Sorry Nothing on my end.. Sorry.. Time for you to go "down under" for the parts this time..

Dan

5 hours ago, dan atkins said:

Sorry Nothing on my end.. Sorry.. Time for you to go "down under" for the parts this time..

Dan

Alright. Thanks for looking.

13 hours ago, Rotated6_2 said:

If Dan can't help you DR, let me know. :thumbsup:

Save me Rotated6_2!!!! ;)

Have you got anything?

I have a LH side one at the moment.  Let me see what else I can find!:thumbsup:

On 9/15/2016 at 2:54 AM, Rotated6_2 said:

I have a LH side one at the moment.  Let me see what else I can find!:thumbsup:

Which piece are you talking about? If it's the plastic nut thing (whatchamacallit) then I think it'll work on the right side (it's just a holder for the screw, which I've got: I'd be shocked if it didn't work...). Did you mean the gutter-ette piece?

Ahhhh, ok then, the plastic nutsert. I thought you needed the actual trim piece. Yes, I have a couple lying around. I should be able to do something tomorrow.:thumbsup:

21 hours ago, Rotated6_2 said:

Ahhhh, ok then, the plastic nutsert. I thought you needed the actual trim piece. Yes, I have a couple lying around. I should be able to do something tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Excellent! ^_^ Yeah, I've got the trim piece and all associated bits (which I took off before they flew away on the freeway) except for the nutsert...

Do you have one of these by chance?

20160904_194031_zpsjqkybyca.jpg

A "gutter-ette" which links the gutter to the gutter-bit of the trim piece. I have the one for the right side (as you see above) but the left side one is missing.

On 9/21/2016 at 7:59 PM, Rotated6_2 said:

Did you happen to find one?

Thanks,

DR

Found the trim clip.  I was positive I had some of the square plastic nutserts lying around - I can't find them. I have to make a trip to my favourite pick-a-part wrecker in the next week, so I'll definitely get you a couple then.:thumbsup:

Now young Doctor Robert, thank you for your extraordinary patience.  I am having a bad run with health at the moment!:blink:

I believe these are the little suckers you are after?!  They're tricky little buggers to get out!

WP_20161026_17_00_40_Pro.jpg

On 10/26/2016 at 0:23 AM, Rotated6_2 said:

Now young Doctor Robert, thank you for your extraordinary patience.  I am having a bad run with health at the moment!:blink:

I believe these are the little suckers you are after?!  They're tricky little buggers to get out!

Extraordinary patience is a skill of mine! XD Boasting aside, I've been pretty occupied with a vast bunch of stuff...

Yes, the clip on the left is what I need... but the plastic screw thing that I needed was this one:

20160904_194023_zpssdvx7wpq.jpg

Which goes where the red arrow is pointing:

Trim Piece Hole.jpg

Sorry about all the confusion...

Search and ye shall find! Here you go, Dr Robert.  Brand new!!!! Do you guys have this brand over there?

WP_20161106_19_19_38_Pro.jpg

On 11/6/2016 at 1:27 AM, Rotated6_2 said:

Search and ye shall find! Here you go, Dr Robert.  Brand new!!!! Do you guys have this brand over there?

Bizarrely, I couldn't find anything like that, either online or off (though I could've looked harder offline... heheh). You have my heartiest thanks for all this. ^_^