Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
ND28

Nd28's Boaty '94 929 VIP Work log

This Came About the same way as my 94 MX6, started with an innocent search through CL for a 929, which proved difficult to find actually, they are not around like they used to. Thought my 92 MX6 GT was rare LOL! 

There is was only 300+ miles away(there was another one in California for $5K), the cleanest 929 I've ever seen for sale.Got in touch with seller right away, leaned the history of the car and revived a few videos showing the engine running/interior exterior and underside of the car. Sold!!!

Went to pick it up the a few days later , long trip!

This is starting to sound like a broken record but, I've always liked and wanted a 90's 929 yes even tho they only came Automatic, this is truly the only exception for me as I am an MTX guy.

Besides , it's RWD!!!!!!! 

They guy I bought it from is an Acura/Honda mechanic who bought it with 50K miles from the original owner 6 years ago, the car was obviously cared for. Currently has 110K miles and it's in very good shape.

For those who are not too Familiar with the 929 this is the HD generation with the JE48 (JE-ZE) 3.0L DOHC V6 engine that supposedly makes 205HP/200Trq 9.2:1 compression. Weights in at 3600 lbs. Hefty but not bad for a car this size actually, cool fact: the hood is made of Aluminum.  Has Auto climate control, Solar panel sunroof, full leather power seats and many neat features, Mazda's Flagship at the time.

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

-929 Modification List-

Engine/Transmission:

* Hayden Transmission Cooler

Suspension:

*JIC Magic lowering springs (imported from Japan)

Wheels and tires:

* L-Sportline Model 4 wheels custom painted white. 19x9 and 19x10 

* Michelin Primacy MXM4 Tires 245/40/19 all around.

Exterior:

* JDM clear front bumper markers

* Honda S2000 antenna

* Trunk debadged(Mazda & 929)

A few videos-

When I picked it up: 

Wouldn't be me if I didn't already started to mess with it lol: 

Underside of the 929 on the Lift : 

The beautiful sound of an uncorked JE-ZE : 

... More to come

-Maintenance done so far:

* NKG spark plugs and wires.

* Bosch Distributor Cap and rotor.

* Purolator air filter.

* Mobil1 10w30 synthetic Motor oil with Putolator oil filter.

* Installed a nice Hayden transmission cooler (preventative due to local weather and traffic conditions).

- To be done(new parts):

* install Bosch O2 sensors.

* install fuel filter.

* Flush transmission fluid or at least drain pan and refill.

* Replace Transmission filter / strainer , use new factory gasket.

* Replace Differential gear oil.

* Repair OEM exhaust pipe and reinstall with the addition of an electronic exhaust cut out.

Couldn't find any info online of a 929 with a transmission cooler install pics or tips/tutorial.

So I went ahead and bought a Hayden 679 Trans cooler. Figured out the Return line for the OEM (built into radiator) tranny cooler is the Line on the left(Driver side, LHD). And installed the new cooler in series. Had to notch the rad support to make room for the trans fluid hoses, used a dremel and big azz channel lock pliers . Found a lenght of hose to slide ove the new tranny lines and zip tied them together to protect against rubbing from the notched Rad support.

I'll make a video later and show exactly how it went together and the way I hooked the likes together, but for now here are some pics I took.

tmp_5824-IMAG0398308881085.jpg

Looks factory, such a clean install !

tmp_5824-IMAG0399-405358864.jpgtmp_5824-IMAG0397-888122269.jpg

Topped off the transmission fluid and have no leaks, test drove it, all is well.

Just peace of mind, here in Hot Florida plus heavy traffic downs help lol. ATX really don't like overheating at all.

JE48 Engine bay pic With the Blue NGK plug wires

tmp_5824-IMAG04001925234150.jpg

Awesome ride! I would love to import one to Norway xD What color options do they come with?

Thanks really enjoying it! 

They go for cheap on the Japanese Auctions. The Efini MS-9 is the top of the line 929.

Here a list of colors available:

http://forums.mazdaworld.org/145-technical-guides/64573-model-guide-mazda-929-a.html#/topics/64573?_k=iwiqzo

Speedo with white LEDs

IMAG0389.jpg

Automatic climate control!

IMAG0392.jpg

Thanks!!

Straight from Hong Kong, 1:43 scale Mazda 929 scale model

Met up with some local Mazda enthusiasts and went for a cruise to Key Largo @ Gilbert's Resort, very cool place to relax.

I brought the 929 naturally it's a perfect cruising car ;)