poptaclutch

MA Motor

12 posts in this topic

does anyone have confirmation if a 3 speed auto fitted to a MA motor has a lower plate at the bottom of the box .

There should be. The lower section of the bell housing hangs lower than the back of the block - it's roughly about 30mm high x about 150mm long.

I may have one floating around on one of my spare cars.  If you're in a hurry, make one. :thumbsup:

that would be great if you could have a look mate and yeah thebox is for sure a little short it needs a plate Bloody Mazdas

Mazda have surprised me yet again - it's not bad but go figure!!!!:rolleyes:

It will just mean now I will have to dig a little deeper into my spare parts containers - weather permitting.

I have a 929L sitting in the backyard with a 2.0L auto - that's what I quickly had a look at the other evening,

knowing full well it is the exact same set up as a CB2 626, and, the two brackets that mount either side of the block with

the thin pressed metal cover plate, would be relatively easy for me to remove - especially as it snowed here yesterday! :blink:

What I have just removed from the 929L - a nicely cast cover plate (that bolts solidly to the bell housing) with the two support brackets, with the obligatory oil build up

from the leaking rocker cover gasket and half moon seal behind the head.  It is built like a brick shithouse and not what I was expecting:

WP_20160625_16_25_16_Pro.jpg

So I went back to my trusty Mazda Parts Catalogues and, of course, they ARE different!

CB2 - what I am used to seeing:

WP_20160625_16_47_52_Pro.jpg

929L - the Titanic!!! :smile::

WP_20160625_16_48_18_Pro.jpg

Gday Rotated 6-2 David here thanks for going a sussing all this out mate really great stuff that picture of the greasy plate is that the one in your  opinion that will work or is it the other one from the book.

Cheers David

Hey David,

They will both work.  Obviously the cast ones (seeing as the 929L was "luxo" spec) will create less NVH, BUT, in our cars, who cares!

I have been hunting through my parts this afternoon, I know I have the 626 parts but just can't seem put my hands on them!:(

If you can hang out a little longer, I should be able to track you some down.

Philip:thumbsup:

Gday Philip yeah I can hang out to see what might pop up thanks heaps for the effort mate look forward to a great result.

David

Here ya go, bloke.  This is what you are after.  And, it is exactly the same (just cheaper to make, I think), as the 929L one!

I cleaned off all the gunk so you can actually see it.:smile:

WP_20160702_17_56_15_Pro.jpg

Gday Matey yeah that looks like the number so now what are you asking for it,and also will I need those 2 rods just thinking about the postage.

Regards David.

$50 including Express Post :-)

sold mate can you get a quote on the postage thanks mate.Also can you throw in the bolts that come from it mate.

My email is davidberrycoupe@hotmail.com you can sent your details for payment and I can send you my address.

Regards David.