popsy626

parts for sale '81 626 s.e melb

28 posts in this topic

Yesterday i purchased an old '81 626 for parts. She has had a hard life by the feel of it. Still runs. Manual. No rust.

I only need a few parts off it so im open to offers on any parts people need. Victoria has very little in the way of spares so come and grab em whild they are still available.

Ill post photos tomorrow but everything is going cheap coz i only wanna make my money back

Sorry mate ive had to use it on my car. I have my old one i can do for 30 buks

Do you still have the wiper motor and combo switch?? if so how much shipped to the USA??

Dan

Gday Da poptaclutch here I am not the person who has these parts I am looking for parts for the same car .

Dan,

Will our RH drive wiper motors suit a US spec 626?  Also, the combination switch is for S2 or S1?

If popsy can't help, I can.

I will check part #'s but I don't think the motor its self will matter.. I do know the rest of it will..

Dan

Sorry for late reply guys. Ok so to try and answer all questions here i go:

Inlet manifold is ok cond but still on the vehicle. But from what i can see its leaking from the water inlet right on the flange and they have put radfix or something to stop the leak so could be worse than it looks ill put a pic up today.

Postage to perth would be around $30

The Wiper motor assembly is working and good condition ill post a pic today so you can cross reference to your u.s spec.

And ill put some pics of the car up aswell. Hope this answers everything. 

Now its time to change my head gasket as my one just went on cylinder 3. Doh...

And the combo switch is good too. Postage i have no idea probably around 45usd ill take sum photos. And im pretty sur s1 and s2 are the same 

For everyones info - S1 and S2 combo switches ARE NOT the same.  Pretty sure US/Euro spec is "mirror" opposite.

Aussie spec S1 - the light stalk (3 position - up is off, down 1 is parkers, down 2 is low beam) and Hazard light push/pull button is on the LH side in front of the light stalk, wiper switch control/indicators/hi beam/windscreen washer on RH side.

WP_20160516_17_26_35_Pro.jpg

Euro spec S1 - you can see windscreen wiper control is on the left, light controls on the right side, AND........ they had electric Driver (LH) side mirror.  We were ripped off in Australia - it was never offered on S1!:angry:

s1 euro.JPG

On Aussie spec S2, Mazda returned to conventional switching - wiper controls on LH side, light switch on RH side.

WP_20160516_17_27_31_Pro.jpg

S2 Euro/US spec - not a great picture, but I'm pretty sure the controls swapped sides as well!

S2 euro.JPG

Hello, I'm looking for the dashpot just behind carb, it touches the carb linkage and sort of eases the throttle down when you get off the gas instead of just slapping it closed. I think it's an emission part over here in USA controlled by the 3 way switch up on the firewall shelf. I think it's called the throttle servo disphragm. Anything like that available off your motor? 

On 17/06/2016 at 6:29 AM, pishta said:

Hello, I'm looking for the dashpot just behind carb, it touches the carb linkage and sort of eases the throttle down when you get off the gas instead of just slapping it closed. I think it's an emission part over here in USA controlled by the 3 way switch up on the firewall shelf. I think it's called the throttle servo disphragm. Anything like that available off your motor? 

Hey Bud,

To help popsy626, here is a pic of an Aussie spec MA carburetor.  Is this any help identifying which dashpot you're after?

Philip :thumbsup:

WP_20160626_17_37_58_Pro.jpg

yes, its the larger of the 2 in the back, with the dark black hose coming off the 90 degree bent metal fitting. I think the smaller one next to it was an A/C kicker. If its diaphragm is bad, the car will idle high when you take your foot off the gas, then drop rapidly when the 3 way switch releases the vacuum to the pot. Not fun in traffic in gear as you let off the gas and you keep going for a second, then the car suddenly decelerates under engine drag. Is that a Nikki 2bbl? All ours over here had a large electric choke facing the firewall just behind that spring guard. 

Certainly is a Nikki.  No electric chokes - thank God, on our carburetors!:thumbsup:

From pictures I have gathered of CB2 626s, and looking at the pics, Colin (cfamilyfix), has posted previously of his brown S2 sedan, it horrifies me how much

extra anti pollution crap you guys have in your engine bay.  It's lucky you guys don't have to worry about the steering box and pitman arm assembly on the RH side

of the engine bay like we do - it gives you more room to stick more anti pollution stuff!:rolleyes:

See how popsy goes with his parts hunt, if he can't help you, that carburetor is already sitting on my work bench for parts.

82 was mild compared to the 83 model. My 82 MA B2000 has about 10 vacuum hoses to various smog and thermo gizmos, the 83 b2000 has about 30. I don't know if that part is mandatory for my quest to pass smog as I currently have it disabled and plugged but I may end up needing it. Will know tomorrow when I take it in to get smogged. I milled the head and I'm afraid I milled it too much as it hung up on the oil jet for one and when I got that fixed, I'm afraid the compression may be too high now for egr to mellow the NOx emissions. Smog fail right there.