NDM

Feedback on upgrade post 4/1!

61 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, djdevon3 said:

Ah ya know what it is.  It doesn't show the person who last posted only the person who started the topic.  That's a bit uhh inefficient and confusing for those that post here a lot.

Sidebar is of a topic with recent activity instead of recent post.  Not a fan, at all.

This I said to Xeno last week, should recode it so it's like the old one :D

And I don't get ANY notifications now, no emails, no popup/sounds from the page and worstly NO notifications number at the top :(

I set my push notifications to "never notify me" and it still pops up a sound and notification as long as I'm on the site which is just fine with me.

I checked the logs. For you FIS, "Not delivering to a user who marked your messages as spam"

8 hours ago, XeNoMoRpH said:

I checked the logs. For you FIS, "Not delivering to a user who marked your messages as spam"

That was te email notifications man, I told you I removed it and whitelisted the sender address. But I should still recieve browser notifications?

I didn't realize that IPS doesn't allow you to edit files.  It's not like a traditional CMS, seems it's all locked down on their end so that you can only customize with a theme control panel.  Well that sucks.  I was going to install it and code up some custom blocks.

I'm not sure what you mean by traditional CMS. Drupal and Wordpress wouldn't let you edit the PHP plugins directly that I am aware of. IPB is no different. You can certainly create new plugins/hooks/modules. I'll take a look at it. Hopefully it is a matter of updating the query.

Sure you could on Drupal.  I've created and edited plugins for Drupal.  It was a pain in the neck compared to other CMS's I've worked with.  I don't know about Wordpress, I never touched it because of the obscene amount of vulnerabilities for that one.

Correct.  I don't think I'd want to use a CMS that allowed PHP injection from a control panel. Bad juju.

Then I don't understand what the argument against IPB is. It is the same as Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, etc. You can edit the direct files if you have access via SFTP/FTP. There isn't a CMS that lets you directly edit modules/plugins from the interface. However, not just anyone can download IPB since it is a paid product. I think that is the biggest difference.