LukeWoessner

Pcv Issues

8 posts in this topic

So the PCV system on my N/A 1988 Mazda 626 is shot and I cant find a diagram of the system online or in my Haynes manual. Any help would be appreciated!

Coming out of the top of the valve cover is a little plastic valve (positive crank ventilation valve PCV) it is connected to the intake manifold with a rubber hose. I would check the little grommet in the top of the engine the PCV valve plugs into. they seem to just fall apart from the heat. You probably should just get the grommet and the valve they are cheap enough and make sure that rubber line is in good condition.

The grommet and valve have been recently replaced. (the old grommet came out in 3 pieces) and I have new hose to replace the original. I cant seem to find the 90 degree connection to the top of the crankcase from the intake and mine was damaged when I replaced the head gasket.

90 degree connection? There is none on the pvc valve. Just a hose from it to the intake manifold.

Are you referring to the fitting on the other end of the valve cover which is a vent hose connected to the larger air hose?EG50131.jpg

1990_mazda626_engine.jpg

1990_mazda626_engine.jpg.f3b9964f06e9173

EG50131.thumb.jpg.2b5ead4ba2dbfcf5ea3136

Yes. Part number 13-342 and 13-741A on top of the crankcase. Thanks for finding this diagram for me. (Ps Nice engine bay) does all this info come out of a databook or is there a website for info like this? Any clue as to where I can find these parts?

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone knew why when i ordered a new pcv valve for the top of my valve cover on my 1988 Mazda 626 it comes apart into pieces and when i went to put it in all the stuff fell out and now i dont know how any of it goes back together. and is their any way to have it not come apart like that. kinda puts a wrench into my work cause not a lot of places around were i live carry such a part for this old of a car. its the one right next to the oil cap on top of the valve cover.