Spookybear

Workshop Manual

13 posts in this topic

okay i have a question.. i found the manual with that link. mine is a 97, but the manual says 96.. although my VIN is included in the VIN page.. 1YVGE22C which is in my VIN.

so does that indicate that it IS applicable to my vehicle even though it says 96?

There can be some crossover but most of the time it's just a misunderstanding of an owner not realizing the true year of production of their vehicle.  If it's included in the VIN page for the 96 WSM then it applies to you. :)

1 person likes this

the funny thing is, when you enter my car's VIN online, it shows 1997. when i connect to the ECM using ForScan, it shows 1997 Model year for the computer. When the VIN is entered when i bought insurance, again, shows 1997. There's no confusion that I can see personally. Perhaps it is a 1996 production year, but 1997 model year?

the engine computer shows as a 2001 model year (yay me?) so... maybe  i got two cars that were produced the year prior their release? lol

I have a ? You said something about using forscan what scan to are you using for For scan software. I was going to buy one of the ELM327 but instead I have ordered a OBDLINK MX BLUETOOTH but I also have a NGS with all Ford and Mazda cards with key coders. But just curios what everyone is using for scan S/W.

I saw this one on Ebay and asked.the person some question about it since it says that it supports all OBD protocols which is a bit misleading I asked if it supported HS (STD) MS AND SW but I had talked to someone on Ford Truarus forum and he had this same scan tool and said it didn't support the MS (Newer Ford) and had to mod it with the switch and cutting the wires on OBD connector 6&14 and 3&11 which I had read about at the Forscan forums. They had a diagram of how to put switch and wires. They had told me about the OBDLINK MX and that it supported HS MS AND SW so that's why I went with, it's more money compared to the ELM327 but it had some nicer features like the power saver mode but that it was only supported on Android and PC for the MX model.

I wanted something small since my NGS is a monster to drag out and a bit clumsy  to use and it only has2-4 lines of info you can read. How does the Forscan work for you, can it shut down individual  injectors and do some of the dealer type scanning? I had looked at 

Scan link but it seemed a bit pricey at $120.00 for main program and then $90.00 for the Mazda add-on. 

On 10/22/2015 at 8:49 AM, Spookybear said:

I stumbled upon this workshop manual. Might come in handy for you guys :smile:

626_workshop_manual.pdf

This was very helpful to me. I found out my EGR is functioning fine, but my distributor secondary coil winding is bad. Very good troubleshooting steps in there - more detail than you'll ever get out of Haynes or Chilton.

1 person likes this