1980 626 2.0L Coilovers/supercharger/engine Swap?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what coilovers would suit my car? was thinking possibly ae86 or maybe ke70 might work. Anyone had any experience ?
Also I was going to try find a supercharger that would work and upgrade the carby. Unsure If i should just do an engine swap though. Does anyone know what injected or injected  turbo motors have similar dimensions? Originally Was going to go a 13b but I'd like it to be abit more practical with still good power. So no carby haha.  :biggrin: 
Thanks.

post-34262-0-35506700-1439079797_thumb.j

post-34262-0-64662100-1439079826_thumb.j

post-34262-0-07011300-1439079851_thumb.j

I've always wanted to do and FE DOHC swap onto one of these cars, but there are other things you can do, its just making FWD motors RWD, if you want to stay Mazda.

I've seen V6 commodore motors in them and V8s and Sr20Ts

One upside of the FE DOHC, they'll make quite a bit of power boosted.

Oh, and, love your S1! :thumbsup:

They are the best!!!! :biggrin:

If you decide to go full black with your bumpers, let me know.  I have my coupe's black factory bumpers stored away.

Alternatively, if you decide on full chrome, let me know.  Got extra headlight surrounds and grilles, as well.

As to motor, I have said this before, MX5 motor and gearbox with factory ECU.  I have priced a low km 1.8L engine and gearbox

because I am going to perform this conversion on my son's S1 sedan. Cost is approx $1300 for the drive train.  Then it's all the other bits

and hooking up the ECU.  So I am guessing it's going to cost us around $5 - 6K to do the conversion.

Benefits - late model injected motor and gearbox, with lots of go fast bits (turbos or superchargers) readily available from our power hungry friends in the States. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Oh, and, love your S1! :thumbsup:

They are the best!!!! :biggrin:

If you decide to go full black with your bumpers, let me know.  I have my coupe's black factory bumpers stored away.

Alternatively, if you decide on full chrome, let me know.  Got extra headlight surrounds and grilles, as well.

As to motor, I have said this before, MX5 motor and gearbox with factory ECU.  I have priced a low km 1.8L engine and gearbox

because I am going to perform this conversion on my son's S1 sedan. Cost is approx $1300 for the drive train.  Then it's all the other bits

and hooking up the ECU.  So I am guessing it's going to cost us around $5 - 6K to do the conversion.

Benefits - late model injected motor and gearbox, with lots of go fast bits (turbos or superchargers) readily available from our power hungry friends in the States. :biggrin:

Thank you !

I was going to vinyl wrap the bumpers so I can just peel it off :smile: 

As far as mounting an mx5 motor, is there much difference? how would I go getting it engineered ?

I'm currently doing a Hq kingswood project at the moment aswell. It's pretty full on haha.

Thanks again  :biggrin:  

Technically, smaller capacity engine with slightly more horsepower - MA 75KW vs BP8 98KW.  So, front brake upgrade, keep complete engine stock with factory ECU and

all anti pollution bits/cat converter for exhaust, Engineers Report (gotta keep the registering authorities happy), and engine number change.

The overall finished weight of the vehicle once completed, will be line ball, if not lighter, than with the old 2.0L in it. :thumbsup:

Hey mate. Long time no talk! I'm still looking at different engines for the coupe. One option I've been looking at is the MX5 engine & I see you're doing the same. I see your last post about it was only last month but I'm just wondering if you move forward with any yet?

Oh, and, love your S1! thumbsup.png

They are the best!!!! biggrin.png

Benefits - late model injected motor and gearbox, with lots of go fast bits (turbos or superchargers) readily available from our power hungry friends in the States. biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...