Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
flenser

Overheating '98 Es

Greetings! Glad to find this forum.

My '98 ES has begun to overheat badly heading down the interstate. It hasn't had this problem until this week (except for a switched caps issue last year, but that was easily rectified). When driving down the highway at full speed, the temperature gauge is rock-solid; stopping is when things go bad. Steam, dumping coolant, the whole bad deal. Refilling the tank brings things back to Ok, but I don't want to push things and do some real damage. A mechanic is going to look at it tomorrow, but I wanted to get your thoughts on what you think this could be, and if we are looking at a cap issue.

My mechanic replaced the radiator cap last week, and I drove it without issue afterwards (short & long distance) the week after. I've included pictures of the caps in question. Thanks for any and all help. post-34324-0-27124400-1437959706_thumb.jpost-34324-0-10530700-1437959746_thumb.j

Sounds like an inoperative radiator fan to me.

• Like 1

A cooling system pressure test would be a good idea while your mechanic is inspecting things.

• Like 1