Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
NDM

New Ipboard Theme Post Upgrade

Once we upgrade to our new CMS in the next month or so we will be forced to upgrade our theme. We came up with the idea to do a living background that would feature prominent 626's or car of the month. We can also code this image to rotate or change on page load. We used Zepticons former 626 in the image below. 

Please take a look at the concept below of the dark theme variant and let us know what you think! we will also have a default light theme that will be more greys/lightblues/whites more similar to the current themes colors. The logo will also be the traditional logo we currently have (possibly retouched). 

post-15320-0-46986200-1436629713_thumb.j

b2bQ60C.jpg

That sounds awesome!  Please do!  I love the transparent glassy look.  Very Windows 8/10, Android, and iOS friendly looking.  The transparent PNG logo will drop into the header seamlessly too.  Good job on whoever decided to make it a transparent PNG for future compatibility.  It'll still provide people with the same feel with the same logo once the transition happens.  Good for continuity on transition.

Zepticon still has his 626.  Nothing former about it.  He lost an MX-6 in the fire not the 626.  How about a pre-programmed forum that has a public vote every month for car of the month.  The type of car pulls from garage db must match a 626 because we do have members that keep other manufacturers and models in there too.  Like Xeno's MG or Zepticons RX7.  Should only be 626's or Telstars to be featured as the background and/or car of the month in my opinion.

I'm pretty excited about the new theme.  Looks great.  Let's do this!

Yeah absolutely well stick with the same color theme overall, just moving to something more modern. Theme is fully responsive. Lots of neat stuff  :thumbsup:

Zepticon still has his 626.  Nothing former about it.  He lost an MX-6 in the fire not the 626.

Good to hear he still has the 626, poor mx-6  :( 

How about a pre-programmed forum that has a public vote every month for car of the month.  The type of car pulls from garage db must match a 626 because we do have members that keep other manufacturers and models in there too.  Like Xeno's MG or Zepticons RX7.  Should only be 626's or Telstars to be featured as the background and/or car of the month in my opinion.

Great idea, thats certainly one option. Another interesting option could even GEO-ip to detect the country of the visitor and show them top pictures of cars from their own respective countries (or other countries). Lots of possibilities, I'm all ears for ideas. 

For the honor of frontpageness i can dig up some high res pictures for you;)

Geo-IP idea sounds neat too!  Lots of really cool ideas.  As long as search works for Firefox I'll be happy.  I haven't had a working search for Firefox for like a year. :(

Geo-IP idea sounds neat too!  Lots of really cool ideas.  As long as search works for Firefox I'll be happy.  I haven't had a working search for Firefox for like a year. :(

Had some issues aswell "/

I must say I don't like this new theme, I like the old one pretty good, due to it being easy to navigate and use, BUT that MIGHT be because the new theme is new, and will take time to accept, and I guess there is no option :P

Just a guess, who will fix these new backgrounds after a vote? If that could all be automatically that would be cool, but how will the voting be, and who will "qualify"? Will it be from the entire garage? and as Devon said, which cars? I would say 626 only as this is a 626 page (no offence to the other cars, but I don't exactly want to see a Volvo when I come to the front page if you get me. I mean the MX-6, RX-7, Ferrari 630 etc are all nice, but I feel we should focus on the cars this site is made for. (That's just me)

Yeah even the MX6 and Probes have their own dedicated forums.  Let them highlight those cars in whatever way they want.  We just want the 626's to be highlighted.  No offense to MX6 and Probe owners you know we love you too.  Go beg the admins on those forums to do a similar feature. ;)

haha sensible, probably 626's only. However it looks like the theme lets the users override the default image (default forum background image), so at any time the user can have their own personal override. Otherwise if they use the default thats where we can rotate cars every month or come up with some sort of logic for it.

Also FIS keep in mind this is the dark version, were going to build a light version that is more similar to this design.

Other neat notes, this theme also has an animated version where the theme darkens as the day gets later. undecided if well use this as it currently fully changes colors, wed probably want it to fade or darken gradually and stay the same color.

Lots of options, but well have something looking good I promise :)

That's neat.  Personally I wouldn't want to only see 1 car as a background.  That's what I have a desktop wallpaper for.  Seeing different cars in the current header is great.  I like the rotation and seeing different cars up there every visit.  I'd really like to keep that feature if possible.  If last login is more than 1 year don't include it.  Only display active members or something like that.  Maybe even have it customizable to user preference like only show 1993-1997 626's or ones with body kits, etc..

Or 1 car a day, I'm good with that idea, and maybe a link to the garage for that vehicle so I can see some more pics if I'd like.

And I asume I'd get the touch of the new theme after a while :P