Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

I have 2002 mazda 626 4 cylinder and I'm trying to find various parts,here goes:

1. First picture is of a vacuum control module ( or something, I don't know what it is) it's located on the passenger side of the intake manifold and has two electrical connectors and ports for vacuum hoses. One of my ports is broke, the car still runs, but im sure it's needed for something

2. Coolant transfer block ( 2nd pic) located on the driver side of the engine block, connects the heater hose, upper radiator hose, coolant temp sensor to the engine.

3. The screws for the valve cover, I'm missing two.

Is there a searchable junkyard database I can look at?

Can I buy those screws at Autozone? If so, what would the measurment be that I would need to look for. I know it needs a 10mm socket to remove. So 10mm bolts?

Any help would be appreciated.

post-33573-0-78786800-1434391037_thumb.j

post-33573-0-82390200-1434391336_thumb.j

Do you have a pullapart type salvage yard locally?  That would be your best bet.  The valve cover screws are sized by position.  So just grabbing 2 from anywhere on the cover is not the solution.  You have to get the specific location. 

Generally speaking, bolts, fuses, and little things like that you can get for almost free at a salvage yard.  Most other parts are cheaper at salvage yards as well, but not all.  When I used to live up north (near Buffalo NY) salvage yard prices were a lot cheaper than down here in Florida.  Example: driver side power mirror NY: $15.00 FL: $35-50.  Either way no 2 salvage yards are the same, unless they are a business like LKQ, which have salvage yards all over the country.  Check every where for prices before you decide for sure where you are going to buy an item, as sometimes waiting a few extra days, Ebay is cheaper. As I just bought a fuel pump off Ebay for $20.00 compared to Autozone for $90.00 (though I had to spend an extra $10.00 for the strainer).  Try to avoid buying electrical parts from a salvage yard though, unless they offer a guarantee for like 30 days or something like that, where you can bring it back if it doesn't work.  But back to the bolts question, at a salvage yard you can probably buy most of your bolts and fuses for a bulk price of $2.00-$10.00 (depending on how many you are getting).

I guess my challenge would be to find a salvage yard that has my car, so I could get the pieces myself. I had wanted to call around, but I didn't know the name of the parts, but getting them myself would be better since I know what to look for. Cool, thanks for the help.

1. PRC Solenoid & Purge Solenoid

(pictured green) PRC Solenoid BP4Y18741 (Pressure Regulator Control aka fuel pressure regulator solenoid)

(pictured orange) Purge Solenoid KL0118741 (aka evap solenoid)

http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=299211&ukey_make=995&ukey_model=14346&modelYear=2002&ukey_category=24716

2. Water Outlet

FSM11517ZE

http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=299660&ukey_make=995&ukey_model=14346&modelYear=2002&ukey_category=20284

3. Valve cover bolts are a junkyard item. No Mazda part # available.

http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=297363&ukey_make=995&ukey_model=14346&modelYear=2002&ukey_category=20251

4. Searchable junkyard database in the US is www.car-part.com

In reply to question 3 on "if bolt taken off with 10mm socket, is that the size?" The bolt head socket size is not what describes a metric bolt.

The size of a metric screw or bolt, is comprised of 3 specs all in units of mm.

-diameter,

-thread pitch 

-length, 

If you saw a spec saying in parts diagram calling out a M8 you need:

M8-1.25 x 20 or M8 x1.25 x 20

M = Metric thread 

8 = This is the Nominal diameter, in millimeters of thread width

1.25 = Pitch or the distance between thread centers, in millimeters

20 = Length, in millimeters of the bolt, threads only.

This is for coarse and fine threads. If its coarse then the pitch may not be stated because its a standard, that is for an M8 coarse thread pitch is ALWAYS 1.25 (unless marked as fine thread and fine threads are standard values with respect to the diameter as well). You won't see 10 different thread pitches or types as with SAE NON METRIC threads and bolts/screws.

Search for "metric thread size" and you'll get a zillion hits detailing the above and more.

These specs are covered by ISO 261 and 262.