Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

img-315599-4-Mazda_1972_Text_Logo.png

June 26th is upon us once again.  We usually celebrate 626 day here as a day dedicated to working on our 626's and sharing our experiences with each other.

Here is your 2 week notification that 626 day is coming so that you'll have time to take on larger projects for the purpose of sharing on 626 day.  You could do something as simple as routine maintenance like an air filter replacement or as complex as a transmission swap.  All levels of maintenance and projects are encouraged for sharing.

Some members in Florida are having a meet on June 26th at Orlando Speed World Dragway for test and tune night.  Join the MX6 Team Florida facebook group if you're interested in attending this particular event for 626 day.

img-390987-1-Orlandotestntuneweb.jpg

We would like to encourage all members to get together at events, meet locally, work on projects or do routine maintenance.

Get your projects geared up, completed, and ready to share for 626 Day 2015!

• Like 1

This looks like something I would love to go to, but with having to use my brothers car while my 626 is broken down, harder to get there.  I'm still not completely sure WHY my car isn't running. :(

You don't have to go to that specific event.  Just work on your car or take pictures of it and share on the forum.  That's what it's all about.  If you can't fix your car then take it to a mechanic.  We're all about trying to keep them on the road, you don't have to work on it yourself just keep it on the road for others to enjoy seeing.

As I am a DIYer myself, I try to avoid mechanics, as they are almost as expensive as visting an ER, lol.  Granted I have only owned this car since October, but already in love with it.  It handles way better than my '98 Buick Skylark ever did, and definitely a lot less rust (re-read: no rust at all).  If I can figure out how to upload pictures from my cell, will post them in here. :)  I have many plans for this car, mainly cosmetic (interior and exterior), but also put in some "extra" sound to my stock stereo.... I have never heard a good stock stereo until this car, though the CD player doesn't work.  However I plan on trying to update the stock stereo from '01 to one of the newer stock stereos with Pandora built in. Gonna try posting a picture I found a few months ago.  However, apparently I can't share the picture, it is saying: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

You cannot use dynamic images meaning it doesn't link directly to a .jpg, .png, etc. You may have to save it to your local machine and upload it.

Look into photobucket.  They have a mobile app that I use in emergencies sometimes.  I'm not a big mobile user have a 10 year old flip phone style only use it in emergencies.  For someone that uses a smartphone daily I could see using photobuckets mobile capabilites every day.  It's easy to setup.  Then go to your photobucket account and you can link to the pictures from within a post.

post-520-0-74557600-1434575714_thumb.png

Copy the "direct" link from Photobucket to the little image icon in your forum post.  So your image urls should look something like this.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/djdevon3/vlcsnap-2013-12-06-03h24m35s106_zps10f6b116.png

post-520-0-09744600-1434575523_thumb.png

I use photobucket because its super easy, free, and they give you a ton of storage.  I have thousands of pictures on there.

You cannot use dynamic images meaning it doesn't link directly to a .jpg, .png, etc. You may have to save it to your local machine and upload it.

Actually, it is saved to my computer, one of the my backgrounds for my desktop even. :)  It is a jpeg file 653 x 523 image size

To upload an image directly to the forum (instead of using photobucket or offsite hosting) you must use "more reply options" in the bottom right of the quick reply box. 

1. Browse to the file

2. Attach the file (this is basically "upload file" and must be done manually)

3. on the right of attach the file you'll see another link come up "add to post". (this must be done manually too)

Hmm my attach image link has gone as well? Hopefully this direct link works. Happy 626 day everyone!

(Elantra banished to the carport like it should be) :P

10154486_10205354311991678_7832565702083

• Like 1

In recognition of 626 day, here's a recent pic of my 626 doing what it does best.

1907541_579286485543058_8062871211553040

• Like 1

Was planning on working on my car in the driveway today.  Got rained out.  How funny is that.  I have a garage now and still get rained out.

Obligatory picture (after finishing the ATX to MTX swap).  I don't have any recent ones that people haven't seen.

post-520-0-24986700-1435380408_thumb.png

• Like 1

Imagine having just a carport, like I do, lol.  I have to be careful how much work on my car is visible, as I live in a community that doesn't like you working on your car.  However, unless they want to pay a garage to do the work, I will still attempt to do as much work on my own car as I can. :biggrin:

By the way, down poured here in Tampa as well.

How did I celebrate 626 day? I ripped out my intake manifold and IAC valve to clean those suckers out and replace the gaskets, as well as poke around for possible vacuum leak sources. I feel like it's not coming from the gasket for some reason, the leak. That's too obvious, this car is not very obvious.

Also, I'm documenting the process right and will make a write-up on that. Djdevon3 has an awesome guide for the fourth gen, I'll make a walk through for the third gen. :thumbsup: I don't know about the fourth gen, but there's a WAY easier route to take when taking out the IAC valve, no need for lots of screaming, crying, and cursing.

I wasnt able to work on the car on friday, but got around to working on it this weekend.  Got pretty much everything taken apart and the heads are ready to come off.

I cant seem to post pics (what happened to the "upload photos" function?), so I'll throw this video up here of us racing last weekend.

You must go to "more reply options" in lower right of the quick reply box to upload images and get more options.  That's the way this forum has always worked.

You must go to "more reply options" in lower right of the quick reply box to upload images and get more options.  That's the way this forum has always worked.

I have the button, but then I don't have the option to attach images. Works in all subforums except this one for some strange reason. Admin privilege perhaps in the forum settings?

Yep, Im the same.  Under "more reply options" thre used to be a button at the bottom to "add files" (or something like that), I cant see it anymore.