Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
trasgo_911

Mazda 626 Coupe 1981 Oem Parts Help

Dear friends, I am new in the group I want to tell my problem.
I'm from Argentina and I have a 1981 Mazda 626 coupe blue and I will restore. It is very difficult to get original spare parts here in Argentina and I'm going crazy. :frantics:
Everything I
could get will be very helpful, especially front and rear moldings, bumpers and optical parts. interior parts
I would appreciate if can pass the information you have fron pages or sellers.
everything will be useful me
And I apologize for my English, I am using a translator.
Greetings, Trasgo ...

Is your steering wheel on the left or right side?

Australian Spec - Right hand drive

post-30971-0-30183800-1433216565_thumb.j

US/Europe Spec - Left hand drive

post-30971-0-31015300-1433217139_thumb.j

a lot of parts are already not avaiabile here in the USA... the best thing to do is get a list going and post up and I can see what is avaiabiler here in  the USA & Canada.. and I know tere are a few in Australia and New Zealand that would try as well

Dan

Show some pictures of the parts you need. There are also a lot of parts available in Holland.

At this point, I have no the car with me. When I can I'll add photos. The car belonged to my grandfather when it was new. In my 18 years he gave it to me and I have it saved and unused for 14 years. Unfortunately he suffered a collision. It was the only bad happened to him. Otherwise it would be completely original state.
I want to leave it as original as possible. I would like to get the front and rear lights. The front and rear bumpers.
Much appreciate your comments.
And remember that I use a translator. Maybe not everything I write is understood.

I have many memories when I was a kid with my grandfather and the car. He cared a lot. Always he told me that at age 18 he would give me the car.

Unfortunately he is no longer with me. I wish you return the car full glory and have it ready for the next generations.

I know I have the tail light.. here is what they look like.. I think I have a new one as well..

post-3578-0-67813600-1433470332.jpg

• Like 2

I have all these parts here in Australia, except US spec tail lights. Freight costs would be too much!!!

• Like 1

I know I have the tail light.. here is what they look like.. I think I have a new one as well..

these tail ligths in photo are yours or say you have a new one?

I have all these parts here in Australia, except US spec tail lights. Freight costs would be too much!!!

What parts you got?

They are new or used?

Used - good condition: coupe doors, guards, bumpers, plastic trim mouldings, headlight surrounds.

Series 2 626s are easy to find body parts over here.

• Like 1

How much envy. :drool:

Here it is impossible to find those things. In fact it is almost impossible to see a 626 on the street. With who I can talk to for information for these parts?
Or do you dedicate on that?
I'd have to check the shipping costs. And permits.

Here are some pictures but not all spare parts I have for CB2 626s:

post-30971-0-63017100-1434272479_thumb.j

post-30971-0-55883400-1434272521_thumb.j

post-30971-0-79482100-1434272545_thumb.j

post-30971-0-36174000-1434272557_thumb.j

:biggrin::thumbsup::biggrin:

• Like 1

Fed-Ex OR UPS will be the safest bet for shipping Fenders and other body parts.. the tail lights I have access to used ones I will have to see if I have New ones as I am not 100% sure on that one..

Some of the Dealer buy outs I have done over the years the part #'s are not on the boxes any more and I dont have the guts to just toss out new so thoes parts have a special place in the warehouse so they dont get broken..

dan

you think fedex or ups make auto parts shipments or will be any restrictions?
I have sent the query to FedEx and DHL but I have not been answered yet.
I would like to make a first attempt with both taillights and the two front lights and grille.
you think you can get me those parts?
if they are new it would be great.

thank you both for all the help you are giving me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

post-34206-0-73358700-1434423496.jpgpost-34206-0-71987600-1434423497.jpgpost-34206-0-71807800-1434423498.jpg

from my understanding Fenders hoods & other body paniels are over sized items so that is where they will get you on price.. hell shipping 1 fender with in the USA is 120.00 now for ground as it is an over sized item.. so as far as shipping to your country should not be a issue as long as you are willing to pay the shipping rate..

Ups & fed ex or DHL might compeat to get the all mighty dollar but that is what the free market is desined to do

I will see what I can come up with on new tail lights and maybe a grill too..

Dan

I have got some engine and other maintenance parts if you will need any. I know it's not too polite to offer a sale in my first post but just trying to help out ;-)

I have got some engine and other maintenance parts if you will need any. I know it's not too polite to offer a sale in my first post but just trying to help out ;-)

Thank you, there are those pieces here too. The hard parts are outside or inside.

Today buy a rear optics and send me a few days. I hope that no problems occur. I send a photo :biggrin: :biggrin: .

Nice trasgo_911! Body parts are also hard to get here but I've managed to get some over they years; maybe I'm going to part-out my own 626 CB but I'm still not sure. First of all I need to tow it home as it sits like 300 kms from my place haha. Drop me a PM if you will need anything and I will see if I'm able to help you.

Btw. Seems like the Mazda has got a huge sentimental value for you 'cause IMHO it's a bit unprofitable to rebuild it after such crash :-).

Yes, I know. But it's not about money. It is pure sentimentality. :happy:
Thank you for your comments and give your help. you are all very friendly and I'll count them as it goes.
I hope soon you decide to do with your 626. :thumbsup:

remember that I write with a translator. I hope you understand :biggrin:
A big hug.

Everything's is fine mate, your English is easy to understand. I'm not a native speaker too so I get how hard it is to speak other language than the mother one :-). I totally get your sentimentality about the Mazda; at the moment I'm fully restoring a '92 Hyundai Excel which was previously owned by my grandfather and I inherited it after his death. The car itself is worth like 300 USD, I already spent around 500 USD on it and the end of the project is not even close haha.

Take care!

Hi.

I am new to this forum. I have a 1981 Mazda 626 1.6 coupe I am in Colombia and like the previous reviewer, I would like to restore in the future. It is also difficult to see here a car of this type, since they were imported. The stops and also the 2 front chrome boleceles or side, not the two small chrome parts of the steering wheel (left wheel) are not achieved and that the part of the center console shifter. The question is, these pieces are obtained easily in Australias? how valuable each? They are new? This message is sent by way of inquiry, as they still do not think making this restoration. discupas, by the use of English, because they use a translation. Thank You