Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
shadoxx

Stripping A 1991 626 Gd - Advice?

Recently acquired a GD body that has an immaculate interior and fully working electronics. I was surprised considering the general disrepair of everything else. The body panels are in great condition and I'm looking to swap them to my current GD. Has anyone in this forum ever done that? I'll also be swapping over the entire seatbelt assembly, all of the electronic window components, and the electronic locks. Any advice is appreciated!

Oh lucky! That sounds kind of like my car almost, immaculate interior, needs some love under the hood.

Having been there, done that, TAKE ALL THE ELECTRONICS!!! Every bit of them. Cars of this age will have electronics fail before the engine or tranny does. I've had to replace a few things because of their age. Power mirrors, interior panels, turn signals, take what you can get especially if it's the same interior color. Everything relay in the fuse box inside is worth while, especially the CPU as that can get easily zapped if you try to install an LED dome light with the switch to turn on with the doors.

I'd maybe even take the window regulators too and the sun roof. If the power antennae works, take that as these cars never seem to have long lasting working antennaes...

Totally jealous.

Just got done swapping the driver side electronic window regulator today and the steering wheel horn assembly.

I also noticed that the reason my regulator broke in the first place was because of old rubber. So I wiped down the rubber the glass rides on and then treated it with some silicoln lubricant. The two windows I treated now slide up and down the tracks like they're new. I plan on doing all of my doors like this when I swap out the other two regulators (both rear ones are broken).

I also fixed the electronic locks AND security system on my current car without having to swap anything at all. Turns out those features depend on those little limit switches with the metal arms. The security system switch is directly left of the locking tumbler. The automatic electronic lock switch is near the latching mechanism inside the door. If you bend the arms back in place they work like new. Be careful though. Those switches look difficult to replace.

Planning on ripping out everything I can this weekend, including the carpet, seats, and all of the electrical components. I still don't know how to get those fenders off though. D:

Tan! Body Color Code: 1F! What do you need?

I just swapped one of the doors today because the one on mine was rusted through the bottom. No retaining clips broke!

Oh balls! Mine's grey and I have spare blue interior parts!

But nonetheless, nothing what paint can't help! The two little things I'm after are the covers to the screws on the front door panels. I've lost both my mine and have a blue one, for some reason they kept popping off.

Yeah, I'd be willing to part with those pieces, not a problem! I'm in Ohio. Currently trying to get rid of most of the other things too. I have a complete FE block, manual transmission, all the engine management stuff (I've basically just gutted most of the interior). If you have an LX Denso A/C compressor laying around, I'd be willing to trade some pieces for that too. :D

I do actually happen to have the original AC compressor lying around somewhere and I do believe the clutch is perfectly good too, it needs to be thoroughly flushed out with new oil.

If you have the interior CPU, I'd love to have that. F'ing blew it out again today.... >:| That stupid thing is not properly protected for a short going past the CPU.

Removing all of those things is pretty straight forward. I just parted my wrecked 90. Would you happen to have a sunroof assembly? :) I guess this is an older post now....Coke Robot, I have a CPU (non-alarm) that had the interior light dimming circuit shorted. I just jumped the two outermost connectors with a wire and it still works fine, just no dimming. 

Removing all of those things is pretty straight forward. I just parted my wrecked 90. Would you happen to have a sunroof assembly? :) I guess this is an older post now....Coke Robot, I have a CPU (non-alarm) that had the interior light dimming circuit shorted. I just jumped the two outermost connectors with a wire and it still works fine, just no dimming. 

I'll have to check that trick out, I saw on the wiring diagram there is actually a fuse for the dimmer on the CPU board and I guess that's what gets killed in the LED switch over/shorting a wire situation.