Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
z00mz00m

Mx6 Vs. 626 Mud Guards...interchangeable?

Hi all,

Normally i'm not interested in mud guards but I kind of like the look on the 626. I can get a full set of MX6 guards, and I got the guy to send me some measurements. The bolt holes seem as though they will line up on the rear. On the fronts, the bottom hole seems to be maybe an extra centimeter long. Can anyone confirm if they would work on the 626 body? 

Negative.

I have 3 sets of Mx6 guards, and 2 sets of 626 guards. Aside from bolt hole differences, they are molded to fit the body lines. The rear bumpers are slightly different. The front fender, where they bolt on, are very different.

The fronts are very different, the rears are just average different.

When I got my 626, I tried to make Mx6 guards work, because I could not find 626 guards at the time. They do not fit, and look very strange if you force them on.

Thanks a bunch for the reply! I only need rear guards at this point but found a guy with mx6 guards, so I thought I'd ask. 

It took me almost a year to track down a set, but it was worth it.

It's not impossible, just really hard to find. Somewhere out there, there are rear flaps waiting for you.

I never thought in a million years I'd have the euro fog light grill. Or even the 5 door 626 for that matter. Hell, I have a boat load of rare stuff I never thought I'd have.

It just takes patience. And ceaseless, never ending searching. Sometimes in a different country.

That is true, I ended up finding not one but two digital gauge clusters literally a month or so after discovering such a thing existed for these cars...

I just can't even seem to find a lead to 626 rear flaps. I think I saw a post of yours from a long time ago that you got a lead from Russia for them.

The swedish auto parts website where I got my grill, also lists other parts like splash guards, but they never got back to me and shipping wasn't worth it.

I think DJDevon actually found a set for me at one of his local junkyards.

From time to time, the local junkyard near me has 626s, it's just a one in a million chance they will have good condition rear flaps.

Damn, I've never been able to find diddly squat from a 626, it's all been off an MX6, those cars always have cool stuff that 626s don't have commonly enough to find.