Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
djdevon3

February 24, 2015 Server Update

Ever since the update it's been really hard to post.  Sometimes I have to wait up to 30 seconds for my post to register.  I'll get an animated bar while it's waiting to post.  Someone said the forum search function isn't working right sometimes either.  My page gens are sometimes randomly slow.  As far as the general feel of the site and page gens it doesn't feel as fast and responsive.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it tonight. Could be a new module I installed the other day. 

Everything looks okay in google analytics as far as page speed goes. I'll install some other monitoring tools to better see whats going on.

Good point on the search being down I thought it was only 3 letter searches having issues again (I need to run a query on the db to fix it). 

are the random slow loading issues still occuring? the only thing thats really different on this server setup is the google pagespeed module which I'm going to disable anyway to see if its having issues with the search pages. Because they seemed to work previously. 

Seems to happen most while making posts.  Hell could just be my wifi or internet too but others on facebook brought it up so figured it wasn't just me.  Seems better today.

I would randomly get 503 errors when trying to open individual threads from the "new topics" list yesterday.  Seems to be working better today.

Yes, page loads are slightly slower, but on average, I'd say they are more consistent (did you also get rid of cloudflare?).  In the past, most of the loads were quick, but about every 10th page load, it would just stall/hang for several seconds and then go.

Search engine is still glitchy.  Go to RacerX's topic http://mazda626.net/topic/40901-93-626-lemon-racer/

Then go to the topic search and type in probe donor.  Search engine fails.  I know for sure that those words are in his topic somewhere and should be found.  This is the reason why I can't find half of the things I want to find on this site anymore.  It's a 50/50 shot of the search engine telling me sorry it can't find what I'm looking for when I know for a fact the information I want is inside a category or topic somewhere.

Turns out the posts table had some odd indexing errors / mismatched data. All posts appaear to be present, reindexed and optimized. Search issues should be fixed down to 3 characters. 

Forum search is down.  Redirects you to forum homepage as if post isn't working at all.

I guess I checked in too late? seems to be working now. Ughh sorry. I missed your post dj.

okay, I'll have see if its either 1) a template issue, 2) a config issue or 3) and forum software issue. i'll have to do some digging. Thanks for the update though.