Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
madaz_gc_85

1985-1987 2.0L Complete Turbo Conversion (As From Factory)

Ok well the silver GC is now a silver turbo GC finally! After a lot of work almost 2yrs lol, but i did it all myself with next to no cash so thats understandable, I will be taking time to get this thread going its not a how to its just a overall guide to aid someone who is wanting to do it to a factory ideal, will post pics and such as i go starting from , well the start..... I just have to decide where and how many pics i will need to show, id rather them all be on here in like a album or something but i dont think i can do that here, will see what happens..

Well done mate.

I appreciate the work that is involved, at least yours was a manual to begin with!

Well done mate.

I appreciate the work that is involved, at least yours was a manual to begin with!

Yea thou i still need to put my new HD clutch in and rear main seal and gasket as i dont think there is much pad left on the disc as its shuddering on take off and inpection through the rubber ports on top suggests its worn, so im about to do my clutch today or 2mora, then im onto the green GC as it needs F suspension FWbearings and pads ready to go in it, ive never changed them out so it is asking for it now with the bearing having play in now.

Yeah the wheel bearings aren't great on the GC. I've found that my car that has the GD hubs feels much firmer when cornering hard. Both my cars have the same size tyres - 225s.

I would guess that the bearings would have been fine for the original tyre size - 185s but maybe wear alot faster with larger tyres.

It'd be a good idea to change them out before the hub mating surface gets damaged as replacement or good used hubs are getting hard to come by these days. If I were you i'd pull the whole knuckle assembly of a wreck and change the bearings in those and fit new brake rotors at the same time (hubs have to be pressed out to change the rotors) and then swap the whole thing over. At least that way you don't have to worry about the condition of whats there now.

But like me you have more than one car so having it up on blocks while you looking for parts might not be a problem.

Yea been there with the silver GC, now i have a spare set of front and rear knuckles and a spare set of hubs from the donor tx5.(i absolutely gutted that car) I only run 205 so there not much extra than 195's that was on it, its only the pass bearing has some play but im changing them both out anyway. Clutch on the silver GC was tragicly weird but not all bad,  flywheel was glossed and press plate was glossed but the disc wasnt really worn at all, in fact i sized it up to the new one and it wasnt much different in thickness, nether the less its getting recycled, spigot/pilot bearing was seized, just glad i did it now and didnt drive it too much or id be up for a new center spline or worse rebuild gearbox, i have my own shop press easy peasy to take them out, but id pay someone to put them in so if its not good enough for me I tell'em to do it again till its right.

ugh I have been so busy lately now I got some time to do these updates i will get as much posted as i can, Here a pic of the job finished....

image_url-19340-1418854553.jpg

And some more pics on the other thread >>HERE<<

I have sommin like 50 or so pics so I will update here as much as I can...

Too many pics to post! So I will post the url for the lot of them as during the process...

>>>Mazda Turbo Conversion<<< Most of the work was done by myself & a bit of the missus' assistance also maybe when i get more time i will post a couple up here just for topic talk. Enjoy the pics as I did while working and taking them! XD!

Topic moved to build topic category by request.  Sorry that one took so long.  Next time you want a moderator to look at a post please report it and add a note.  Reporting a topic doesn't get yo  u in trouble it's only for bringing something to the attention of a moderator even if it's something as simple as moving a topic or helping you edit something.

Please don't just link others to an offsite build.  Please at least post some of your favorite parts of the build and pictures so we can all enjoy reading about the progress here too.  Recommend you edit your first post "use full editor" and you can start it fresh with pictures and story about your build. 

Thank you kindly most of my work has been posted here i really dont have time for other sites, I am finding my shit is kinda all over the joint so there may be a few more move requests yet i think. Thanks again.

Gather it all up and I can help you get things cleaned up and formatted the way you want no problem.  Honestly it's probably better just to start a new page in the build topic category and get all your thoughts, pictures, and stuff gathered together and start fresh.  I can help you do whatever you want just let me know.  Send me a PM and I'll help you get sorted out whatever you want to do.

A quick update:- Silver bullet is goin great, sorted out the ignorant pcv drama I had now im jus detailing and doing a few other minor jobs,.. like install digital boost gauge, drivers cv boot replacement, manual boost controller plug-up and possible digital volt meter install, Also thinking of doing a better paint job on the rear wing, I want that glossy black.