1991 Mazda 626 Hatchback For Sale $600.00

For Sale. 1991 626 LX hatchback. 196,xxx miles, manual transmission. A couple dents, a little rust, runs and drives fine. Tires have 75%. Interior is showing it's age, but no tears in the seats and no cracks in the dash. Sunroof works with help and power windows are dodgy. I bought the black 1990 DX to swap the manual windows and to have a spare engine and transmission. The parts car goes with it. HVAC system stopped working and I haven't yet figured it out, the A/C worked before the issue. Wanting to switch gears on projects and start getting serious with my Impala. Was my daily driver and never had any issues mechanically. $600.00. St. Louis, Missouri area.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Because the electric regulators have problems and simply are not available anymore. I would gladly swap to manual windows...

Bingo. Most of the time, power window motors are underpowered for the task at hand. They always fail some years later, sometimes taking the regulator with it. Crank windows you have total control. I'd totally swap it if I found the parts. I did the swap on my other vehicle (jeep) and it's great! 

I don't get manual windows, they're tedious to me. The only thing I've ever heard with this gen of 626 was that there was a recall notice for the regulators, I believe driver's side specifically. There is kind of a design flaw where the regulator attaches to the window mount, it's made of plastic and inevitably will break. I've had a my rear passenger door do that but that's because of the door swap that was done.

I'd rather be able to control all four doors than only one at a time.