Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
FIS

Donate?

Ok so I have been a member on this site for a while, and I just recently come to think of that I have NEVER donated to help this community, I have donated some small amounts on other sites, but I feel this is my "homesite" and that I should help this one before anyone else, but I can't say I see any link on where to donate so I was wondering if there is no option? Because it should be one.

• Like 1

For most sites, the best everyone can do is to whitelist them on adblock and similar browser addons:)

I'm pretty sure that you can upgrade your account to a "premium" membership for a small donation...check around in your profile settings.  If you can't find it send a PM to NDM.

Thanks for your willingness to donate. I can send you the information for a donation, all proceeds are used toward maintenance and improvements on the site. And we have a decent amount of work up and coming, especially since the forum software were using is heading toward a major release 2-3 months from now. Which means we have to thoroughly test everything on development servers before actually modifying our live community. (something that I regrettably didnt do well enough back in 2009, which unfortunately upset some members, and also sent our page rankings and thus ad revenue into a bit of a tailspin, but we have definitely recovered from that since it was so long ago).  Aside from testing we also need to get a few of our custom addons modified to be compatible with the new major version.

I just emphasize the biggest / best donation you can offer will always be sharing information and knowledge here. Because that's what helps others, and that's how most people (and hopefully future members) find our communities website! Which as zepticon mentioned means ad-revenue which pays the month to month bills.

Also as Snailman mentioned when you donate you get bumped to a "premium member" which pretty much means we "exempt" you from ads, and you get a new title on the site that shows youve contributed financially to keeping the site up and running. (and if anyone has donated and hasn't been bumped be sure to contact me!)

semi-rant but here is my view on adblockers:

For me I'm a bit of a web performance junky, so I totally understand that some users wish to run adblockers. And I often do online because I find the advertisements can sometimes slow down my experience and even be visually overwhelming (which are both things we try to avoid here with minimal advertising). But the unfortunate part of adblocking as zepticon hinted at is that is lost revenue for the website. However If your contributing your almost moving beyond the realm of adblocker vs no adblocker because your a contributor and content creator, someone whose helping the site get better and get discovered via helping new users who are searching the internet with similar questions/topics to what we discuss here on the forum. 

Adblock is disabled on M626.net and other helpfull websites, I have sent you a PM NDM so feel free to reply with the information needed when you got time :)