Swing Button (Not Available On European Models)

Yes correct.  I shot a video on it today for you.  Had no idea it wasn't available in European version!  Holy cow you guys are missing the best feature of a 626!  It should be right next to the A/C button in this picture...  WHAT THE F**K?!?!

img-382430-7-98evrn.jpg

img-382443-1-mother-of-god-super-trooper

The oscillating air vents is why I fell in love with my car to begin with!  My mind has just been blown.  Can't believe I'm just now finding out the European version doesn't have it.  It's a 626 travesty!  Can't believe you haven't seen them in action yet FIS.  Wow.  That's crazy.

• 1 month later...

I will post a pic of what I've recently bought, it will leave you speechles :)

BTW, have you heard about power folding mirrors, Full Time 4WD, a TV and power fog lights in Japanese versions of our cars?

Thanks,

voytecku.

A few years ago I bought power folding mirrros from an MX-6 but it would require some effort to fit them. Then I've learned that power folding mirrors really existed for a 626 and... I've finally got them :) Unfortunately, unlike the MX6 mirrors they are not heated so I need to add this feature.

When it comes to power fog lights, this is a feature that moves the light beam while turning, e.g. to the left or right when you move the steering wheel to the left or right. This can be switched on or off with a cool switch w/ Japanese markings. And the TV, I saw it on a presentation video for a 323F (BA) and found the same unit as an option for a 626 along with 6 disc PIONEER changer and BOSE sound system.

Thanks,

voytecku.

Will take a pic of what I've got and post it later on along with the presentation footage from 323F. In the meantime, take a look at that:

7ynuh9.jpg

I hope it won't be close to impossible to install it into my 626 :)

Thanks,

voytecku.

Just one of those JDM things.  I saw a Mazdaspeed MX3 strut bar sell for $200 yesterday.  The problem is that the strut bar is as thick as a golf club... but people will pay for rare parts just to have them.  You can get an eBay strut bar for $20 that would work better than that thing.  Just something about those rare parts that people feel will make their car unique or special.  To them that's worth it, the heart wants what the heart wants even if the expense is illogical.

The climate control from the JDM MX6 is just one of those things.  Same with the power 626 mirrors.  They are unique and rare and kudos to anyone who actually has them because they appreciate the rarity.  What I find funny is the JDM climate control module has English characters instead of Japanese.  Just strikes me as odd.

Will take a pic of what I've got and post it later on along with the presentation footage from 323F. In the meantime, take a look at that:

img-383948-1-7ynuh9.jpg

I hope it won't be close to impossible to install it into my 626 :)

Thanks,

voytecku.

How much do you want for it?

• 2 months later...

How much do you want for it?

It's not for sale, it took me a lot of time and effort to find it.

However, I've got a set of Efinis MS-6 headlights and may have power foglights. Oh, and I've got power folding side mirrors from MX6, but they would need to be somehow retrofitted to a 626 as they're not a direct fit.

Thanks,

voytecku.

• 2 weeks later...

MS-6 headlights are only for RHD. In order to make them kinda symmetric (or asymmetric for LHD) you need to remove a veil from the right projector lens (there should be a few tutorials for MX-6 headlights on how to do it, it's the same thing for MS-6). Then it's just a matter of setting up a correct level manually (the MS-6 headlights have no power feature to set up the light level). Alternatively, you can install HID projectors inside the headlights (e.g. bixenon from Nissan Murano, Lexus RX, Lexus LS should fit), this is something what I want to do with my set of headlights.

The mirrors are w/ heating.

I bought the whole set for A/C conversion. It cost me ~$350, if I remember well.

Thanks,

voytecku.

MS-6 headlights are only for RHD. In order to make them kinda symmetric (or asymmetric for LHD) you need to remove a veil from the right projector lens (there should be a few tutorials for MX-6 headlights on how to do it, it's the same thing for MS-6). Then it's just a matter of setting up a correct level manually (the MS-6 headlights have no power feature to set up the light level). Alternatively, you can install HID projectors inside the headlights (e.g. bixenon from Nissan Murano, Lexus RX, Lexus LS should fit), this is something what I want to do with my set of headlights.

The mirrors are w/ heating.

I bought the whole set for A/C conversion. It cost me ~$350, if I remember well.

Thanks,

voytecku.

PM me the price for the MS-6 headlights and power mirrors. I require to see a picture of them along with the date and your forum name (so I know you do got them)

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the video Dj :)

Some European version got the swing function (But I believe only the RHD version got it, (Some Australian 626's got it, Efini MS-6?)

The rear vents from EU are not identical, to convert you'll need the whole vent system and maybe the front dash panel (Will check that out) and maybe the rear vent system from the heater fan, will check that out too)

elcs5c.jpg

Here is a diagram of a European 626

This is the best pictures I found without tearing it apart:

2013-10-05%2018.47.22_zpss8ncrc9n.jpg

2014-07-16%2010.20.19_zpsj7walvk6.jpg

By looking at these pictures it looks like the rear vent system is identical, this would save alot of work if anyone is ever going to convert.

Will post more updates on the front and the vent system. For the wiring part I believe it only needs a tiny bit of work.

It's not for sale, it took me a lot of time and effort to find it.

However, I've got a set of Efinis MS-6 headlights and may have power foglights. Oh, and I've got power folding side mirrors from MX6, but they would need to be somehow retrofitted to a 626 as they're not a direct fit.

Thanks,

voytecku.

Do you have the wire diagrams for it anywhere?