Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

So I'm in the middle of replacing both cv shafts on my 2002 v6 auto, on the passenger side where the cv shaft joins with the intermediate shaft, there is a seal, i accidentally put a screwdriver through this seal, does anybody know what this is called exactly and/or if anybody sells it? Also while on the topic, on the drivers side, i havent been able to get the shaft out at all, i've tried pyring and hitting the prybar with a hammer and have gotten nowhere. Any better ideas of how to get it out? Dont know if whether an exercise in futility or an exercise in perseverance. 

Could that be the drive axle seal?

FO-30fro.jpg

FO-30bac.jpg

Sometimes axles are installed incorrectly and the snap ring refuses to cooperate. I went through the same thing, but if you use brute force, you can crack the case. I took the easy way out and dropped it off at a shop. Persistence may pay off, though. There are CV Axle pullers that may help as well, but I have never used them. Looks just like a slide hammer, but it grabs on to the axle.

I don't think those are the seals he's talking about.  Xeno the seals in your images are the ones that get installed into the transmission housing.  The seal he's describing is between the intermediate shaft (half shaft) and outer axle on the passenger side.  Here is the 2002 Mazda 626 V6 Drive Shafts diagram.  I'm not going to guess at which seal you need as there are a lot of parts in that intermediate housing and the axles are different from my I4.