1990 626 Diagnostic Code Reading

On 1/22/2018 at 12:08 PM, dankstarpro said:

yes yes don't ground out the wire red/black as this will blow the ecu fuse so I'd what u  talking about that this will read codes

I accidentally did that so where is the way fuse at. Pictures please. My car won't stay running now. And how do I replace that fuse?

• 6 months later...
On 8/19/2013 at 8:59 PM, Coke Robot said:

Another question I have! I was researching a while ago about the OBD port on my car. I even have a service manual that covers several years of 626s and has a method of reading codes and finding the OBD (1?) port on the car, which is usually under the hood. Well, that doesn't apply to my car, whatsoever, mainly because the terminal connector doesn't exist. BUT, I did find something online about a green bus connector looking thing with a small black one that's just right next to the driver side firewall.

I literally haven't a damn clue what I'm looking at, other than this box here has something that I can use to jump the ground to I think it was the TEN wire and check diagnostic codes inside the car. Hopefully someone knows! :P

Thanks!

post-29393-0-35942600-1376960433_thumb.j

It is a single green wire. All you have to do is connect it to ground turn the ignition on (not start) and the light will flash. 

D9EBF341-E7D2-4E76-BA71-19D96CAB6CD5.jpeg