Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Racing stripes!!!!!!! :P

;-)

I think the kind of $$$ you will spend trying to noticeable power out of a stock engine you might as well turbo it.

But that's just my 2 cents :-)

Maybe an engine swap, I don't know if you'll fit a 5.0L V8 engine in there but it will definitely give you a bang for the buck! :hyper:

High comp pistons, 2.0 12v cam, double valve springs and a fair bit of porting combined with a decent header.

• Like 1

Hey Wiking, I haven't seen you around in ages! :)

Serious, guys serious.

You wanna add horsepower to a 4 cylinder Mazda without using a turbo?

Okay, easy.

Take a 10mm socket & wrench, and probably a few other sizes. Start with the spare tire. Remove it. Passenger seat. Remove it. Rear seat - remove that too. Rear seatback - gone too. Door panels - yep, remove them. Trunk liner - remove it. Carpet - remove it. Speakers, yeah they gotta go too. Take out that stereo while you're at it. And the ductwork under the dash, and the heater core, and the AC Evaporator... Really, anything that isn't welded to the frame, other than the steering wheel, ignition switch, gauges, go-pedal and stop-pedal. Now open the hood. Strip off all the crap like the air conditioner, power steering, heat shielding, etc....

Free horsepower.

Or..... maybe you could listen to Wiking, but those tips don't come cheap. It's not like an old V8 where you could slap on some headers, a holley double pumper, glasspacks and suddenly unlock 100hp.

Horsepower NEVER come cheap!

Do things right first time, instead of goofing around with stuff that'll make your car less driveable..

• Like 2

I thought I'd ask here. For a 1991 626 GT (Turbo obviously) I'm wanting a small increase of 20-25 HP out of the engine. Any suggestions to get that little extra gain?