Discussion: Usefull/stupid Things You Have Learned From Honda Guys

well in the last couple of months i have seen it all. guys buying civics and dumping thousands of dollars in them just to blow them up in two weeks, slamming their cars on the ground and brag about how they cant make it over speed bumps and getting stuck in driveways, calling themselves "car guys" and then immediatly talk trash about anything that isnt a honda. oh yes i have seen it all guys, and when i finally snapped back into reality and saw what normal people see, i stopped thinking about performance mods and such on my car and started working on other things like, re wiring the exhaust gas temp sensor and putting the stock airbox back in its place. and i also started working on the 626, which im going to attempt to get a title for it this monday.

i have learned that when modding a car that isnt worth modding, dont do it. not even to your daily driver lol

but what have you guys learned about this strange species of humans called honda guys? have you learned anything usefull? or how about something that wasnt that usefull but a good thing to remeber when theres a need to? thoughts?

discuss.

Interesting topic.

While working at autozone a long time ago, I made friends with a stranger that would show up in a black hatch, always popped the hood to mess with it. At the time I had my PGT and n/a mx6. Both were faster.

After some time he was kicked out of where he was staying and became homeless, I couldn't help but feel for him so I was able to let him stay at my house for a while. This lasted a couple months I think, it was very interesting..

He had swapped in a ZC dohc in his hatch, with zipties and butt connectors, timing was off, exhaust was...not really there. Skinny baldtires with the metal making sparks as he drove over a hundred mph.

While trying to start it in front of a closed gas station one night(2amish), it back fired so bad that the muffler blew right off, landed a couple feet away, also set off the gas station alarm. We were waiting for a pizza to be delivered as the cops were questioning us. They let us eat it as they inspected the situation.

One night we had to walk a mile or so on the freeway to get somewhere, this happened twice. Both times a cab driver was nice enough to stop and drop us off somewhere.

A couple times we would aimlessly walk around for 12 hours, sun would be going down, then find a dennys and wait for it to come back up.

By the time we parted ways, he had switched to a yellow ass prelude with the 2.2, compared to the death trap he had before, it was borderline perfect.

His name was steve, I'll never forget that strange moment in time.

-never believe a word they say

-use them as a role model for how not to live

You can say whatever you want about Honda, but the good old Honda Quintet we had back in the days was the best car I have ever seen.

Now, for a race car, I got no idea how they are, but I know one thing for sure, Honda is a great quality car if you take care of it!

FIS we're not talking about the quality of the cars just the owners knowledge of their cars and what if any you've gleemed from them. Completely different subject matter. I have nothing against Honda cars, they are very good cars.

I've learned more from members on this site who love the Mini Cooper, Golf GTI, and MG's than any Honda owner. I do not ask for nor take advice from Honda owners. 99% of them only know how to sit in a car seat. There are some that do in fact know their stuff really well but they are the rare exception. I do make a distinction between Honda and Acura owners. I'd take advice from an Acura owner over a Honda owner any day.

I don't understand how people mod cars such as loud exhaust, cutting springs, etc, and failed to understand how the car runs.

^ They are only doing it to try and impress other people who know just as little or even less...it has nothing to do with actually being a car enthusiast. It's like those African tribes that put rings around their necks, each trying to outdo the other with more rings....if they ever took them off, they would literally die from their neck snapping. I don't think any of those tribesmen went to medical school.

By doing such things, I think one earns a very shallow kind of respect from so-called peers; it's not based upon what you've actually accomplished, but strictly appearances. The term that comes to mind is "poseur" (you must say it with a French accent).

i had a friend who ghetto rigged a five speed in a civic. it had zip ties, hose clamps holding it together and a homemade cable so he could shift it. we went down the intersate once and he had the neutrel safety switch sitting in a spot so the car would run, and it moved out of the spot one day and cut the car off. took an hour to get the car cranked again, i never rode in it again.

honda day is this weekend. i have a feeling that theres going to be junk on the interstates.

Edit: for those who dont know what honda day is, its a "car show" that happens anualy at the richmond international raceway (the nascar one) where many chaps flock to, to look at "real cars". it hurt explaining that :/

Every day is Honda day on the interstate. It's a chance for Honda owners to drive around and look at "real cars". :P

>goes to honda day

>see's nothing but honda's in the show

>everyone pays more attention to the only lotus elise and M3 parked out side the show

>say they wanted to look at real car's, a honda

>instead talks about how awesome the only two non honda's were

honda day in a nutshell.

I lived a small window of time where I was into the whole 'fast and furious cars lined up in an alley' type thing.

Like honda meets and 240 meets. Ugh what a lame scene...the SLOWEST project cars you've ever seen.

My old PGT @ 16psi was like a spaceship compared to any honda I've seen at a meet.

I lived a small window of time where I was into the whole 'fast and furious cars lined up in an alley' type thing.

Like honda meets and 240 meets. Ugh what a lame scene...the SLOWEST project cars you've ever seen.

My old PGT @ 16psi was like a spaceship compared to any honda I've seen at a meet.

i had that phase, its not a good phase to remeber either. but if you think about it if they never made the fast and furious films we would have never had people using hondas to make tuner cars and racecars and then we wouldnt have anything to make fun at when we are bored :D

I have a couple friends that actually know what they are doing when they open a hood, so having a movie night and watching F&F is super fun haha.

"Granny shftin', not double clutchin like ya should..."

Man, what a great movie lol.

DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!!

its good to know people like that. im kinda like that, some butt heads i hung out with didnt like it though, they hated the fact that i told them the right way to do something even if it was something simple like placement of an air filter so water doesnt get inside teh filter and ruin things. but they were right because when the filter sits a foot under the bumper they went faster. -.-

On a less than 120HP engine, it's crucial how low the filter of a CAI is off the ground.......

If your filter is scraping the ground, not only is that JDM, it's also at least a 10hp gain. But only if the sticker that came with it is sideways across your front windshield.

hold on i cant comprehend this extent of knowledge im hearing. what if they installed the sticker diagonaly? mind = blown

lol

"Granny shftin', not double clutchin like ya should..."

If we weren't meant to granny shift, the synchromesh gearbox would never have been invented :P

As for what I've learnt? If it's a Civic... have a shipping container of distributors and ignition leads handy :lol: (lost count how many the family car went through during its 963,000KM)

^ That's a lot of miles! :whistle:

On the one engine as well. 1168cc EB3. Rebuilt at 500,000KM. 48kW doesn't sound like a lot but when it only has to push 700KG it was quite fun to drive! Still, if something went wrong... it was electrical. Even Scotty Kilmer has a video on his channel "This Honda stopped in the middle of the highway... as it's a Honda, I'm going to assume it's the distributor!" :P

Hahahaha yes!!!! All the car shows that were in Fullerton a few years back with people blocking up traffic going 2 mph over dips, shooting sparks all over the place while they scrape the shit out of their cars and the street. I learned the more stickers you have, the larger the wing and the more slammed and undriveable your car is...the more HP you get and the faster it will go...in your mind.

I just wish my old memory card wouldn't have fried. Id have hundreds of pics for our funny rice thread and pics that made you Lol