Discussion: Usefull/stupid Things You Have Learned From Honda Guys

I remember I had the hood up once, a bunch of kids gathered around and were so confused at what was in front of them.

1. 1989 ford probe, but mazda made the motor and chassis..haha that really threw them off...

2. turbo (aka: magic)

I remember I had the hood up once, a bunch of kids gathered around and were so confused at what was in front of them.

1. 1989 ford probe, but mazda made the motor and chassis..haha that really threw them off...

2. turbo (aka: magic)

That confuses a lot of people over here. In the 80's many cars shared the same components just assembled in different locations (hence the 626 and Ford Telstar being almost identical). You can always tell the Mazda by the carefully assembled panels, anything made in Australia is just slapped together :lol:

The Mazda 3 was another case in point - it's really only the engine and body designed by Mazda in entirety. The suspension was mostly a Ford creation (their strong point) and the safety was strongly influenced by Volvo. Wonder what we'll see now that Ford has dumped Mazda and Toyota has taken over?

Leev, you made me remember something else I learned when you mentioned your turbo. I learned to not make a turbo out of a leaf blower. It just looks ridiculous and doesn't work.

This isn't a Honda...but you get the point.

post-31803-0-12694700-1373339729.jpg

Now that I own a Honderp I can add my 2 cents worth haha. First off, let me say I didn't set out to own one. I had driven an Accord coupe before, and it was quite nice, so I figured if I saw one I would buy it. Second, what I really wanted was a Mazda6, but in 5 months of looking I saw just one with decent miles, a manual trans, and under 10k price tag. That one turned out to be burning oil at 67k miles, so I figured I'd better not look further into it. Ok, backstroy over!

Off the top of my head I'll list a few pros and cons that come to mind.

pros:
Hondas are everywhere, which is great if you want parts, or are looking for a specific one

Build quality can be quite good (both my accord and 626 have had really good build quality)

Accords being more "grown up" if you will leads to a nicer over all package and less obscene insurance rates

Some of the wiser car owners I've met started off on that hideous civic path, but graduated up to much better vehicles

cons:

Being a Honda owner gets you lumped into a pretty un cool group haha (granted this is deserved sometimes)

Hondas are everywhere (Accords are nearly the most vanilla car ever. Only the camry is more vanilla)

People think they are worth obscene amounts of money

Every car meet is usually congested with tons of them (the collective maturity and caliber of people tends to be proportional to the civic to everything else ratio)

All being said, I think I've come to loathe civics, and thus I won't entertain ever getting one. I think the Honda I will forever hate most has to be the Prelude. It should have been rear while drive! Granted, I know it has many drawbacks from the design side, but just think how much more valuable they would be today. All that under hood space put to waste so another FWD boring combo could be built. Ill stop ranting and get my fire extinguisher ready!

Let's keep this on topic we really don't want this turning into a Honda hate topic.

awwh boo, i was going to tell you about a honda i really do hate :P