Looks fantastic! Does anybody know if they are bringing the Mazda 6 wagon to the United States? I haven't seen it on the Mazda U.S. website at all, although they do have the touring model offered with a manual transmission!

Holy cow, that would be awesome. I still need to swing by one of the Mazda dealers around here and scope out the new 6 first hand. I doubt any salesman would let me drive one though, since my old 626 is still looking kinda ratty. She is definitely showing her age :)

Styling is over the top for my taste. I really hate the giant grilles they have had the past few years (anyone else think the last gen Mazda 3 looked like it had the biggest grin on its face?).

The hatchback also doesn't look like it actually has very much cargo capacity with the really sloped roofline.

I like the styling, but I also liked the previous generations. My favorite is the first for the practicality. So much more room compared to the second gen and I agree with snailman that this doesn't look like an improvement. I'll try to withhold judgement till I see one in person.

There are a few new cars out lately that seem a bit wacky....Nissan Juke anybody?

or the cadillac cts wagon. ugly shit up front, trying to be a wagon in the back.

Oh I hate the big smiley face crap, it's god awful. The 6 has a very aggressively styled grille and that's much more to my liking. Very sexy indeed. One of my first thoughts was about the limited boot capacity as well. You can just tell there's going to be a tiny space behind the rear seat. For a DD commuter I think it would be highly enjoyable. I really liked the Mazdaspeed 3 hatch styling. With the new Mazda 6 front... even better but that's my opinion.

Anyone seen the new Mazda 5? I saw one today from the rear.. not a fan.

Looking at some of the other new 3 pics, even though the front looks nice, it does look a little bit too long and wastes a bit of space when it could use some for the rear instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The master tech that specializes in Ford but works in Mazda said that the parts inside a Mazda are basically the same as Ford. He made a comment that Mazda looks like cheap Japanese cars but ever since the skyactiv came out, the whole entire design of Mazda became completely different since parted away from Ford. So he has to re-learn most of the stuff on how the new Mazdas are built.

I get to drive around the new 6s and CX-5 around once in a while after 5k maintenance and new car inspection. The CX-5 looks luxurious with the rubber feel dash except the hard plastic door rest where you lay your arm over the window, it feels uncomfortable but the 6 is even more luxurious with the door rest now perfectly designed to let your arm over the window comfortably, curvier style dash, the steering wheel feels a lot lighter then it's previous predecessors because of the electric power steering. Not bad, only driven it through the parking lot, haven't taken it on the main road to go through the gears yet.

Just saw the new Mazda 3, looks a lot smaller than the pics shown online but very sporty looking. The dealer only ordered 2 of them recently and is sitting on the front lot to display.