djdevon3

Va/dc/md Meet June 8Th, 2013

9 posts in this topic

I'm going to attempt to organize a meetup of 626/MX6/Probe/Protege owners in the Virginia, DC, Maryland area on June 8th. I will be vacationing in the Alexandria area from June 1st to 14th and thought this would be a good opportunity to have a meet. NDM, Xenomorph, and myself already planned on getting together but we wanted to extend that invitation to anyone else that wants to hang out with other 626 owners for the day.

How about meeting up at Cameron Run Regional Park (includes Great Waves Waterpark) on June 8th at noon. It's a regional park and has some features that are good fun for the whole family.

img-361336-1-CameronRunPrimaryBanner.jpg

GreatWavesOfficialLogo.jpg

If you want to meet up just post below. I'd love to see a good turn out so we can take a lined up shot of 626's, Probes, Proteges, MX6's, Miatas, etc.., that would be really cool. :)

This is just a reminder that we're having a local informal meetup of some members this weekend. I'm hoping Alfred Morris and lot of random Mazda owners will magically show up. :) Can't wait to meet NDM and Xenomorph. Wish I had my 626 with me. Forecast looks like it might rain but I'll be there rain or shine.

Can't wait should be a lot of fun(Its about time we get to meet!) As long as the 65mph winds aren't still hanging around on Saturday I think well still be good!

I'm thinking that if the weather gets too rough as it seems it might be then we can meet at a place called Savio's in close proximity to Cameron Run. 516 South Van Dorn St., Alexandria, Virginia 22304 It's an Italian restaurant recommended to me by someone local, great food for affordable prices. I would rather be hanging out in a parking lot all day lifting up hoods and such but if the weather is too adverse we'll have a backup plan.

I don't have a cellphone on me so we'll meet at Cameron Run at noon come rain or shine and if need be we'll drive to Savios from there around 12:30.

I'm thinking that if the weather gets too rough as it seems it might be then we can meet at a place called Savio's in close proximity to Cameron Run. 516 South Van Dorn St., Alexandria, Virginia 22304 It's an Italian restaurant recommended to me by someone local, great food for affordable prices. I would rather be hanging out in a parking lot all day lifting up hoods and such but if the weather is too adverse we'll have a backup plan.

I don't have a cellphone on me so we'll meet at Cameron Run at noon come rain or shine and if need be we'll drive to Savios from there around 12:30.

Awesome Sounds great, Just checked the radar and it looks like some fun may be headed our way today. But doesn't look as bad as the weathermen were saying a few days ago. Fingers crossed!

Can't wait everyone, will be good to see everyone who makes it.

Well it was just us 3 as we kind of expected but no matter we had a good time hanging out. Wish I could have spent the day there getting to know NDM and Xenomorph but I was with my dad who just had knee surgery and he wasn't up for staying long. We had a quick lunch together and I got to poke and prod around Xeno's 2.2L Turbo. Oh man that thing is so cool! I want one!

Wish I could've been there. Glad you guys had fun.

Well it was just us 3 as we kind of expected but no matter we had a good time hanging out. Wish I could have spent the day there getting to know NDM and Xenomorph but I was with my dad who just had knee surgery and he wasn't up for staying long. We had a quick lunch together and I got to poke and prod around Xeno's 2.2L Turbo. Oh man that thing is so cool! I want one!

I agree!

I even got to go drive Xenos F2T a little later on (first time I've ever driven one), I'd love to find a project car like that!, It was really great to finally meet you two in person!