Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
lifewontwait

Stock Vs Aftermarket Steering Wheel

So awhile back i swaped my stock wheel for a 340mm momo knock off
about a month ago i was up at the wrecking yard and picked up a 78 Mazda GLC 2 spoke stock wheel

I like the feel of both and they both seem to be well made (the GLC wheel a bit more then the knock off of course)
but the main thing is i just don't know what style i like more.

thoughts?

img-354500-1-524447_10150999083742222_67
img-354500-2-74197_10151571760107222_129
Knock off 340mm wheel

img-354500-3-IMAG0757.jpg
img-354500-4-IMAG0755.jpg
GLC wheel (currently on the car)

the 3 spoke looks more racey and the 2 spoke looks like it belongs with the car more. Depends on what kind of look you want. I really like both steering wheels though. The Mazda center cap makes it look less aftermarket too but it's still obviously aftermarket.

• Like 1

That bottom one is factory for the GLC. I had a '79 model.

I think it looks more a match for the age of the car. It's too bad you couldn't find one the same colour. Or a black interior.....I had a yellow coupe with a black interior, I liked it alot, I think only yellow paint was matched with the black interior though.

I notice you have a burgundy centre console in there.

I would have never guessed that. Looks aftermarket due to the circular hole pattern. Neat. That's a really nice stock steering wheel then. I like that one even more now.

That bottom one is factory for the GLC. I had a '79 model.

I think it looks more a match for the age of the car. It's too bad you couldn't find one the same colour. Or a black interior.....I had a yellow coupe with a black interior, I liked it alot, I think only yellow paint was matched with the black interior though.

I notice you have a burgundy centre console in there.

Thanks, and yeah the original console i had broke into 1000 peices about 4 years ago.

i have another one in black i built with a set of gauges (the 2nd pic) but ive been to lazy to put it in.

yeah i was thinking that too.
i think thats why i switched it out for the GLC wheel
i liked the smaller size of it, but at the same time i don't mind the stock size
originally i just switched out the stock wheel becuse the old one was starting to wear out from being in the sun for years, not to mention the stock 626 wheel is just super ugly.
img-354706-1-24366_438412727221_73464722

I think the stock wheel looks like it belongs with the car but the GLC looks like it belongs and looks the best.

• Like 1

The 929 one looks like something out of SpaceBalls the movie. lol.

If i ever change the one out in my 626, it will be for an OEM Mazda Efini wheel. But those things go for so much, i doubt ill ever find one at a good enough deal.

• Like 1

I have a CB2MS steering wheel in beige if you really want it and are prepared to pay the shipping across the globe. The horn switch is a bit broken however.

i'll take one, give me a couple of days to get into the garage, find where it's got to and then I can post some pix